Notifications
Clear all

Youth Defense

Page 1 / 2

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Since today marks my return to coaching youth football, I thought I'd drag out a couple of vids that emphasize why we take the approach that we take.

In this video, you can see why we stress the takeway.  Because if you teach it, you can get the football back.  Our opponents had generally 3-8 times as more turnovers as we did.  In this video, watch for the turnovers:

In this video, don't watch the lead tackler or the impact of the hit, but the pursuit.  Watch for the number of defenders we have at their ball-carrier.

And this video, which is a dedication to one of the most exciting players I ever coached.  I coached him in youth ball and in high school.  #20.  Shot and killed on Christmas Eve, 2016.  Rest in Peace, little brother.  You are missed:

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

Vince148
(@vince148)
Gold

I'd like to have the DP minute by minute blog. I know there's a lot I can learn from that!

ReplyQuote
CoachCalande
(@www-coachcalande-com)
Diamond

Darn it DP...

Since you cant deal with the CT cold....

i hired a local youth football guru to be my dline coach, not sure where Ill put him on offense but hed like to be a qb coach, another youth coach with two boys playing at a different school to be my te, de coach, hired the dad of a senior wing, the guy is a former HS Hc...hes going to work rbs and lbers.... grabbed a new volunteer to “ help wherever we are short”.....this on top of two guys that are returning....one is rb, dbs, other was tes, des but will be more scout team and qbs....

All together not sure if they take as much off my plate as one DP might haha. I. Sure ill be looking again next year...

MOJO    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtcRmKnRcsA

Go to WWW.COACHCALANDE.COM  for Double Wing DVDs, Playbook, Drills Manuals, Practice footage and emagazines. Ask me about our new 38 special dvds!

ReplyQuote
Prodigy
(@prodigy)
Platinum

Looks much like the team I coached...oh wait, I mean we looked very comparable to you.  ;D

"You can't do that sort of stuff up here..."

If you show up for a fair fight, you are unprepared.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Darn it DP...

Since you cant deal with the CT cold.

Steve, I can barely deal with the North Carolina cold.  BTW, we’re spending Christmas in Palm Springs.  Hopefully, we’ve sold the other houses by then and can stay in Cali.  It reaches more than 100 degrees in the summer there!  🙂

—Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

I'd like to have the DP minute by minute blog.

Vince, what’s a “minute by minute” blog?

—Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Spyder89
(@spyder89)
Bronze

—Dave

Dave,

Aren't you supposed to be in a meeting right now?

- Ray

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Looks much like the team I coached...oh wait, I mean we looked very comparable to you.

Coach’em the same way, get the same result.

—Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Aren't you supposed to be in a meeting right now?

Yes, I’m sitting here in the lobby.  Waiting....

—Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Vince148
(@vince148)
Gold

—Dave

How you manage your practices. How you're going to train ACs that maybe just got assigned to you and have no clue about your system and methods.

ReplyQuote
joshv155
(@joshv155)
Platinum

Steve, I can barely deal with the North Carolina cold.  BTW, we’re spending Christmas in Palm Springs.  Hopefully, we’ve sold the other houses by then and can stay in Cali.  It reaches more than 100 degrees in the summer there!  🙂

—Dave

It gets over 100 in the winter in Palm Springs.  :'(

Passio Bellator

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

It gets over 100 in the winter in Palm Springs.

YES!  Woo hoo!

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

So I had the meeting with the AD and the AP.  Pretty easy, simple and straight forward.  I told them what we do.  I gave them a copy of our CAL Program (which they looked at while asking questions).  I gave them a copy of my references as well as a copy of my coaching resume.  They said a decision would be reached by the beginning of next week.

After I left the meeting, I sent a text to the high school header who had set this up.  He asked me if I was interested.  I told him I was.  He told me to keep updating him and that he would get the skinny from the AD.  Kind of nice to have someone get involved on your behalf.  I will remember it and it won't go unappreciated.  So we'll see...

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Vince148
(@vince148)
Gold

So I had the meeting with the AD and the AP.  Pretty easy, simple and straight forward.  I told them what we do.  I gave them a copy of our CAL Program (which they looked at while asking questions).  I gave them a copy of my references as well as a copy of my coaching resume.  They said a decision would be reached by the beginning of next week.

After I left the meeting, I sent a text to the high school header who had set this up.  He asked me if I was interested.  I told him I was.  He told me to keep updating him and that he would get the skinny from the AD.  Kind of nice to have someone get involved on your behalf.  I will remember it and it won't go unappreciated.  So we'll see...

--Dave

Was this for a youth position or another high school?

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Was this for a youth position or another high school?

Middle school.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: