Notifications
Clear all

2014 NFL Playoffs Fan Thread

Page 11 / 21

DL
 DL
(@daniel-lyons)
Platinum

Um...news flash...Romo wasn't drafted by Dallas, or anyone else....undrafted free agent...I thought you boys from IL would know about that being as he went to school up there....

It was a good joke man.  Changing the phrasing would have hurt it.

ReplyQuote
DL
 DL
(@daniel-lyons)
Platinum

Falcons 2012 draft:  LOL, they got nobody.  Basically took that offseason off. 

2 55 Atlanta Falcons Peter Konz C Wisconsin Big Ten
3 91 Atlanta Falcons Lamar Holmes OT Southern Miss C-USA from Baltimore [R3 - 12]
5 157 Atlanta Falcons Bradie Ewing FB Wisconsin Big Ten
5 164 Atlanta Falcons Jonathan Massaquoi DE Troy Sun Belt from Baltimore [R5 - 13]
6 192 Atlanta Falcons Charles Mitchell S Mississippi State SEC
7* 249 Atlanta Falcons Travian Robertson DT South Carolina SEC

ReplyQuote
DL
 DL
(@daniel-lyons)
Platinum

2014 is looking like it was a very strong draft.  Lots of good rookies this year.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

Um...news flash...Romo wasn't drafted by Dallas, or anyone else....undrafted free agent...

That in no way contradicts my statement.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

Because he hasn't?

let's not base things on facts here.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond

FACTS.......... jeez never let those get in the way of a good pun!

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
topekamustangs
(@topekamustangs)
Bronze

You have to draft well to be a good team all the consistent winners built there team through the draft. Bu also you do need some luck. Tom Brady 6th roudner. Aaron Rodgers falling to 23 Wilson but it comes down to be a elite team you need a elite QB or a GREAT defense

ReplyQuote
DL
 DL
(@daniel-lyons)
Platinum

You have to draft well to be a good team all the consistent winners built there team through the draft. Bu also you do need some luck. Tom Brady 6th roudner. Aaron Rodgers falling to 23 Wilson but it comes down to be a elite team you need a elite QB or a GREAT defense

Aaron Rogers is a good example of a guy with all the tools available who falls to you when you don't necessarily need a qb.    Bellichek and a scant few others will draft qbs develop them and then trade them if you don't need them (injury or age).  Or maybe the new guy is better or will be - Rogers and Brady over Favre and Bledsoe. 

Good way for teams with a franchise qb to get back into top half of drafts.  Develop a good qb others will trade for. 

Last several years people have been reaching for a number of qbs who aren't first round qbs out of desperation. 

Shula told his gm as Marino was falling that he really wanted Marino.    GM said don't worry we'll get a qb.  Shula said I don't want a f'ing qb, I want Marino!

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

WHOO HOO !!!....Coach Fox is a now a dead man walking..... finally.

Stinks my beloved Broncos are done but so if Fox. Rumor has it he was coaching for his job today. You dont get blown out by 40 in the SB and then get knocked out of the tournament with a whimper with THIS team. Easily one of them most talented teams in the NFL. Good bye Gase....Manning is the OC anyway....Del Rio.... the game has passed you by so good luck with the Raiders. Fox....stick a fork in him...he is done. If Manning is indeed hurt....he gets a pass....if not....time to hang it up... give Oz his shot and clear up $20M in cap space.

With Shanahan trolling around and his son back on the market and Elway pulling the strings in Denver....who knows. Shanahan still lives in Denver. Hire Rex Ryan as the DC. Back in business for another ride.

Luck is the only QB left without a SB ring so Im pulling for the kid now. He will be great for the next decade so get that ring now and be done with it while you are young. The kid is pretty darn good and seems like a great guy. Good for business but it would be good to see Brady get one more....get his place at the top of every list. He is flippin' good and almost done.

At the end of the day it looks as though Seattle will repeat.  I hope not. Then I'd have to listen to all of my cousins give me shit for a year. Oh well. Fun ride these last 4 years....but its time for change.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
belebuch
(@belebuch)
Diamond

Sorry, but looks like ol Rexy will be going to Buffalo

ReplyQuote
belebuch
(@belebuch)
Diamond

Tebow is available  😉

I mean Manning only got you what? one more playoff win in 3 yrs  8)

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Sorry, but looks like ol Rexy will be going to Buffalo

D

Anyone but Deer in the Headlights Del Rio. He really is terrible. Im seeing all kinds of stuff that is aggressive and clever from many other teams....Denver has played the same base D for the last 50 games in a row. That is also Fox driven. That pair is simply being out coached.

ReplyQuote
belebuch
(@belebuch)
Diamond

D

Anyone but Deer in the Headlights Del Rio. He really is terrible. Im seeing all kinds of stuff that is aggressive and clever from many other teams....Denver has played the same base D for the last 50 games in a row. That is also Fox driven. That pair is simply being out coached.

So who are your favs for the new HC / DC?

ReplyQuote
belebuch
(@belebuch)
Diamond

Im just glad to see ESPN crying for the Cowboys when no one gave a rats behind that Detroit was screwed last week. So much for all of the "One play doesn't make a game" that we heard in their defense all last week, I bet we ll have tears o plenty tomorrow

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Tebow is available  😉

I mean Manning only got you what? one more playoff win in 3 yrs  8)

D

I am a HUGE Tebow fan. He resurrected Broncomania all by himself. Denver was a back to back 4-12 mess when he showed up.

Tebow was 1-1....Manning 2-3. But as a fan I will take a SB loss any day to end a season so Manning is OK in my book. I just dont think he can physically play anymore. He had a tough 5 or 6 games to close out the season.

ReplyQuote
Page 11 / 21
Share: