2018 Numbers....bad

Notifications
Clear all

2018 Numbers....bad

Page 14 / 18

davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond

This has to be one of the dumbest most obtuse things you have ever posted.

You travel to a town...sell them on your program...they pay you handsomely...and you refuse to update an entire Program on a few...discoveries you've had since then that would take you maybe 15 minutes to send out in mass.

Valued Coach-

Please update my old bearcrawl technique to the new and improved frog technique that is attached.

Thank you for you support and have a great season!

Dave Cisar

Which makes my assumptions true. You dont really give two hoots about your customers because there are plenty of new victims every year. Out with the old....in with the new.

Honestly....its genius. Take the money and run....troubleshooting be damned because by the time they figure our the holes they are no longer coaching.

BTW....Copywrite Laws do not fully extend to Estates.  So technically I am on your list.  🙂

I will be looking for my update soon.

Your son wasnt at the clinic I gave
His was a hand me down as well
He or you arent on my list

Of all thousands of people out there selling books and seminars I know of none that treats it like software- I dont either
Keep holding your breath till you get it  ;D

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.Winston Churchill

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

You travel to a town...sell them on your program...they pay you handsomely...and you refuse to update an entire Program on a few...discoveries you've had since then that would take you maybe 15 minutes to send out in mass.

So Mike, if I'm giving a clinic for an org and five years later my approach (drills, scheme, philosophy) to football changes, am I responsible for contacting that org and saying "Never mind about that clinic from 5 years ago.  I got new stuff and I'll need y'alls emails to send them the new things I have to say?"  Just asking...

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

So Mike, if I'm giving a clinic for an org and five years later my approach (drills, scheme, philosophy) to football changes, am I responsible for contacting that org and saying "Never mind about that clinic from 5 years ago.  I got new stuff and I'll need y'alls emails to send them the new things I have to say?"  Just asking...

--Dave

Good question. Would depend on the content. If you found something broken then yes I would get that info to your Host and they can process it however they see fit. Some technique or drilling procedure that came back to you or you discovered yourself that can be easily improved upon and fixed.

If its a philosophy change then no...carry on. Philosophies are fluent and flexible. 

Why do you think Clarks playbooks are 900 pages !

20 years of addendum's will do that.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond

Good question. Would depend on the content. If you found something broken then yes I would get that info to your Host and they can process it however they see fit. Some technique or drilling procedure that came back to you or you discovered yourself that can be easily improved upon and fixed.

If its a philosophy change then no...carry on. Philosophies are fluent and flexible. 

Why do you think Clarks playbooks are 900 pages !

20 years of addendum's will do that.

Yep

Lots of volunteer youth coaches reading and comprehending all 900 pages  ;D
Mine is 300 and it's too long- a better writer like Michael could probably cut 100 pages off of it and not miss a beat  ;D

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.Winston Churchill

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Yep

Lots of volunteer youth coaches reading and comprehending all 900 pages  ;D
Mine is 300 and it's too long- a better writer like Michael could probably cut 100 pages off of it and not miss a beat  ;D

Yes...Clark needs to go thru a paperwork reduction act. We have been teasing him about that for years.  🙂

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Your son wasnt at the clinic I gave
His was a hand me down as well
He or you arent on my list

Of all thousands of people out there selling books and seminars I know of none that treats it like software- I dont either
Keep holding your breath till you get it  ;D

Think about it....you could be the first.

ReplyQuote
SingleWingGoombah
(@singlewinggoombah)
Gold

Think about it....you could be the first.

He kind of already is.  And there is not a ton of competition. 

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

He kind of already is.  And there is not a ton of competition.

...too provide addendum's.

This is what....the 18th Thread discussion we have had on this topic over the years so its not like its a new and or unique problem.

It seems its one that can be fixed.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

...too provide addendum's.

This is what....the 18th Thread discussion we have had on this topic over the years so its not like its a new and or unique problem.

It seems its one that can be fixed.

Especially if it's in an electronic format.  On the other hand, it's it's hardbound, then not so much.  But I have Coach Wyatt's newest playbook, it's a spiral bound book.  He's sent out updates, addendums, corrections, etc. via email.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

And coaching "other sports" as part of your "30 years" resume doesn't really apply.

--Dave

Wait, so it really is about the X's and the O's, as they say?

Now we're getting somewhere.

I always thought there was so much more to coaching than just who runs where.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Wait, so it really is about the X's and the O's, as they say?

Now we're getting somewhere.

I always thought there was so much more to coaching than just who runs where.

Michael, you're spot on.  But then, you aren't trying to pad your resume with your coaching experience outside of football.  You have as much coaching chops as anyone on here.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

Michael, you're spot on.  But then, you aren't trying to pad your resume with your coaching experience outside of football.

--Dave

But how is it padding one's resume?

The experience could actually help.

As I tell people who say that "that experience" (that I have had and they have not) doesn't apply to "this experience" (that we both have had), "I know the difference.  You're just guessing."

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

But how is it padding one's resume?

The experience could actually help.

As I tell people who say that "that experience" (that I have had and they have not) doesn't apply to "this experience" (that we both have had), "I know the difference.  You're just guessing."

But you're not selling your coaching experience outside of football as giving you credibility.  It's your work AS a football coach, that gives you credence here.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

But you're not selling your coaching experience outside of football as giving you credibility.  It's your work AS a football coach, that gives you credence here.

--Dave

Eh, I don't think there are any official credibility criteria.

Some people think the other stuff matters a lot.  Some people think it doesn't matter at all.  Some people think age group matters, or high school vs. youth matters.  Some people think that stuff doesn't matter.  Whatever they think, they think.

I've gotten a ton out of going to clinics for other sports.  But some people think if you haven't coached the same age group, with the same demographics, your experience is irrelevant.  But that's up to them.  They can do what they want with whatever info they get.  Or allow themselves to get, anyway.

ReplyQuote
davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond

Michael, you're spot on.  But then, you aren't trying to pad your resume with your coaching experience outside of football.  You have as much coaching chops as anyone on here.

--Dave

Michael has a unique perspective- no agenda and he is a voracious reader
Im always listening when he posts and have used a couple of his ideas- the oline grading/accountability thing- Im big fan of
The psychology of getting the highest score when your opp cheap shots you- you win- is absolutely brilliant- could have used that years ago- would have been a big help, but I gladly use it now

ReplyQuote
Page 14 / 18
Share: