2018 Numbers....bad

Notifications
Clear all

2018 Numbers....bad

Page 18 / 18

Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

We are having equipment issues because we have more kids than we are used to having. I guess that is a good problem because you can always buy new equipment.

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum

Back to the original point. Had our first practice last night that was actually part of "THE CAMP". I think there were at least two kids who played last season (perhaps as 1st graders). Both are now with us because the club they played for last season isn't fielding a 2nd grade team. That's alarming and heavily supports Cisar's position. With the fear surrounding the game, the margin of error has all but vanished. You get one chance to win over the parents. If you fail, enough walk away that you no longer have a team.

I don't know the full story, though. Our league had a "rookie" division, 1st graders I believe. From what I heard, it was a bit of a shit show with only 2 or 3 games getting played. Haven't spoken to these kids' parents to see what they thought of their experience last season. For now, I'm officially "banned" from talking to parents.  😛

Over dinner last night with Mahonz and his amazing family, he gave me the probable scoop on this situation. The team in question last year was a 1st/2nd grade combined team with mostly 2nd graders. This year, the older kids had to move up to 3rd grade while the younger had to stay down. There weren't enough younger kids to field a team. Could they have moved up as well? I think there's a league rule against that. At least one parent of a younger kid loved the coach and was disappointed that her son couldn't stay with him.

We have some 1st graders on our team. I think a chat with their parents is in order. We have almost a year to do what we can to make sure they have enough kids for a 2nd grade team next year.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
DukesCoach
(@dukescoach)
Bronze

We are having equipment issues because we have more kids than we are used to having. I guess that is a good problem because you can always buy new equipment.

Wish we had that problem!  We're hoping the next town over merges with us or we may not be able to field our PeeWee team.  We're at 14 with a round robin scrimmage next weekend.  Gonna be tough, and if we don't have 16, we forfeit each week.

ReplyQuote
CoachCalande
(@www-coachcalande-com)
Diamond

we had 34 today for varsity/jv football.  we expect to be between fourty and fourty five after vacations and kids from china return to school. we will then work hard to recruit the PE classes for kids that still don't have a fall sport...Im good with fourty but fifty is always what I expect.

MOJO    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtcRmKnRcsA

Go to WWW.COACHCALANDE.COM  for Double Wing DVDs, Playbook, Drills Manuals, Practice footage and emagazines. Ask me about our new 38 special dvds!

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

and kids from china return to school.

China?  How long does it take your Activity Bus to pick up everyone and then drop them off?  Furthest we had to drive was the next county.

—Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachCalande
(@www-coachcalande-com)
Diamond

China?  How long does it take your Activity Bus to pick up everyone and then drop them off?  Furthest we had to drive was the next county.

—Dave

These  kids from China have it good I think. I hear that they live in a big mansion nearby....i think they take “ ubers” to school?

I have one wing/ dback and a guard/ dt that should be contributing to varsity heaviily and then two smaller guys, one a jv guard type, the other....wing and dback maybe...hard to say. I hear another big kid might try it...can always use another center.

MOJO    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtcRmKnRcsA

Go to WWW.COACHCALANDE.COM  for Double Wing DVDs, Playbook, Drills Manuals, Practice footage and emagazines. Ask me about our new 38 special dvds!

ReplyQuote
jrk5150
(@jrk5150)
Diamond

Of course they're contributing, they're actually 26 year old soldiers from the Chinese special forces groups...

😛

ReplyQuote
Page 18 / 18
Share: