Notifications
Clear all

3 in 8

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

As we wrap up our season, our JV team sits at 4-0 with 3 games to play in the last 8 days of the season.  We will play this Wednesday, the following Monday and then Thursday.  We are down to 24 players and Varsity just pulled one of our offensive linemen when their starting Center was lost with a high ankle sprain.  So the backup JV Center has just become the starting Varsity Center.  We are hanging together at this point on spit and glue, trying to have enough to play.  Today we put our starting Nose Tackle to see if he could be a Center and he looked good.  If we can run this final gauntlet of three games with the numbers we have, it will be worthy of an ESPN 30 for 30.

Varsity sits at 4-1 with 2 games remaining.  They just lost their best defensive lineman for the remaining of the season.  He has already committed to play D1 football and has to have shoulder surgery, so he has to get the surgery now in order to be cleared to start college ball this summer.  If this were 1A ball, it wouldn't be so much of a concern as everybody would be in the same boat.  But at 4A, every team we've played this year (at Varsity and JV) has had healthier roster sizes.  We did just add 3 lacrosse players to the Varsity, so that'll help.

We're just hoping to stay healthy enough to finish the season.

Oh, and Hudl is still a complete piece of junk.

--Dave

This topic was modified 3 weeks ago 2 times by CoachDP

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

JV took our first loss on Wednesday.  Game ended with us at their 9-yard line, with a 4th & Goal and down by 8.  We threw an interception in the end zone and that was it.  Their Defensive Coordinator was my DC when I was the header at EWHS.  Dude is much smarter than I am.

Varsity on the other hand, won 49-6, moving us to 5-1.  Fourth time in our last five games that we've eclipsed 40 points, or more.  Here's the crazy stats:  RB1 ran for 157 yards.  RB2 ran for 106 yards.  We ran the ball 30 times and passed the ball 11 times.  QB was 8 of 11.  Shoot, if we're going to pass the ball only 11 times, we might as well be running the Double Wing.

Just for fun, here's a photo from last night.  This is our back-up JV Center (not our starting JV Center) who got moved to Varsity (to fill in for our injured starting Varsity Center).  Our guy is 5'8".  The Nose tackle he went against last night was 6'7".  It was David against Goliath.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

Coyote liked
ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

In other news, our JV make-up game that was supposed to be played on Monday has been cancelled.  Our opponent cited Spring Break and not having enough players as the cause.  That's interesting because they have 47 on their JV roster and we have 27.  They are 1-3.  We are 4-1.  Hmmm....

And it looks like I'm going to get to be a head coach again (if only for one game).  The JV header is going out of town this week for his son's wedding, so he's giving me the keys to the car.  Just in time for us to play against a Triple Option team....

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

End zone camera from our varsity game Friday night.  We're wearing the red jerseys.

--Dave

This post was modified 3 weeks ago 2 times by CoachDP

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond

Like Moses parting the Red Sea!  LOL  🤓 

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  
Posted by: @youth-coach

Like Moses parting the Red Sea!  LOL  🤓 

Power from Spread. 👍 

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
chucknduck
(@chucknduck)
Bronze

@coachdp

Did that play go to the house?

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  
Posted by: @chucknduck

@coachdp

Did that play go to the house?

I don't think it did. lol

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Share: