8 man tackle league...

Notifications
Clear all

8 man tackle league (spring)

Aodaddy
(@aodaddy)
Copper
Topic starter  

First year trying this out. Trying to get my core group of kids ready for the fall. Anyone out there with some experience that would like to share some ideas on playbooks?

Tripwire
(@tripwire)
Gold

We make sure we just go out and have fun with 8 man.  Throwing the ball a lot but also incorporating a bit of our fall stuff in there (especially the passing game).  Routes, cadence etc..

Check out Youtube for a bunch of 8 man stuff.  There are some good video's out there.  Eric Burt has some great ones.. 

Just depends on what you want really.  Double wing?  Single Wing?  Spread?  Passing?  Running?  Etc, etc..

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

ReplyQuote
Aodaddy
(@aodaddy)
Copper
Topic starter  

Thank you Trip.

ReplyQuote
CoachJR267
(@coachjoel)
Silver

I agree with Trip. Use it to develop your kids. I used Eric Burt's 8 man single wing in 2013 with a team of Mighty Mites. We had fun with it. We werent very good, which was my fault. But the kids learned and had a good time.

To do what ought to be done but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.

ReplyQuote
Tripwire
(@tripwire)
Gold

Last year we went full spread passing first.  Worked on Calande's pass routes and number system for that team.  Worked great!  Pass first run second all spring.  Then of course we passed like 2 times in the fall :haha:

We like to have fun, but still learn SOMETHING we will be doing in the fall.  Almost to a kid they really love spring, easy going and relaxing.  We actually have ZERO contact during practices.  Practice 2 days a week and games on Saturdays.  I think it depends on the age, if I had really young kids I would do some contact for safety purposes and getting the basics down, but the older kids I don't see the need.  Just form stuff at the most.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

ReplyQuote
Share: