A sneek peek into h...

Notifications
Clear all

A sneek peek into high school football end of the season...

CoachCalande
(@www-coachcalande-com)
Diamond
Topic starter  

As the second round of the playoffs is getting ready to start:

We had a coaching meeting to discuss voting for players from our own league for all state consideration, followed by an all sports dinner and banquet.

My new TD Club fundraising guy wants to sit down and discuss the budget expecting to raise around 20K a year

Im in contact with a person who has weight lifting gear to donate

I just turned in my Walter Camp ballot for coach of the year, player of the year considerations

I spent about 3 hours cleaning up closets, garage and storage room and my office. have collected gear and had it sent out for reconditioning (actually, the AD takes care of that)

I had all conference, all academic, varsity award, participation award certs printed up (nice lady, parent of former player does these for us)

Been in contact with Team Mom whos organizing the banquet- I just collect envelopes and pass them on to her, she handles the rest. In the past, I did all of these things alone.

I called in my trophy order to the awards place, there is actually a budget for plaques and trophies here, I used to pay for all of this out of my own pocket.

I am still selling tee shirts out of my office to football fans (Todd Bross of single wing fame made a nice design for us) I had the tees made for about  dollars each and sell them for 15.

Im still chasing a few kids down who haven't turned in piece of gear or another. I have a coach whos got a 4500 dollar stipend that he wont collect if he doesn't complete his paperwork and course requirements..

IM talking to the boss about some strength and conditioning folks who want to run a clinic here which could bring in kids from outside areas....

I am compiling stats to enter into max preps, hopefully Ill get that started this weekend...

I have been calling back college coaches to arrange visits here with  our seniors, had a visitor yesterday...

I cant remember drawing any plays in some time..... 😉

MOJO    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtcRmKnRcsA

Go to WWW.COACHCALANDE.COM  for Double Wing DVDs, Playbook, Drills Manuals, Practice footage and emagazines. Ask me about our new 38 special dvds!

CoachCalande
(@www-coachcalande-com)
Diamond
Topic starter  

WE can now add "emailing with a parent/coach who wants to bring his son here and also be on staff."

Good football guy, sons a football player too....

Go to WWW.COACHCALANDE.COM  for Double Wing DVDs, Playbook, Drills Manuals, Practice footage and emagazines. Ask me about our new 38 special dvds!

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

We have our football banquet here tonight. 

"I am compiling stats to enter into max preps, hopefully Ill get that started this weekend."

--That's one thing I'm finalizing now.  I'm compiling the defensive stats, as well.

"I have been calling back college coaches to arrange visits here with  our seniors, had a visitor yesterday."

--We had a D1 header stop by yesterday and say "hello."

"I cant remember drawing any plays in some time."

--I'm doing quite a bit of that, since we're making a lot of changes to the offense.  I've got our 2014 varisty roster up on my whiteboard so that all the players can see how many there are competing at their position:

Centers--6
G-Ts--10
TEs--9
Backs--14
QBs--6

Also getting my presentations ready for the DWS.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator

Also getting my presentations ready for the DWS.

--Dave

Jacks?

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Jacks?

The DWS in New Orleans.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachCalande
(@www-coachcalande-com)
Diamond
Topic starter  

So we had our banquet on Monday night- some communication issues as there were some kids who thought they wouldn't be allowed to attend due to basketball and wrestling having started and the winter all sports meeting for parents/players was on the same night, still our banquet was very well attended with around 150 people there.

The event lasted three hours in all.

Great food, social, good stuff.

Yesterday was a half day, during that half day (due to snow) I fielded a couple of phone calls and returned some emails regarding college coaching recruiting/visiting East.

I have one appointment today with a coach from Maine and another set up for Jan. Today I have a meeting with a coach prospect (hes got to state championships back in the 90s when he coached one of Cts best players.  So, we never really stop talking ball around here.

I also contacted a few kids who are missing gear turn-in stuff.

The transition between seasons is obvious as basketball and wrestling have begun and we have taken down all of our bulletin board stuff to make room for the other coaches/teams to use that.  I posted some info on our whiteboard (just for football) regarding our Jan workouts.

I plan to do our first maxing in Jan. Then Ill set "Iron Eagle" goals for the kids.

ReplyQuote
CoachRJ
(@rjohns99)
Bronze

The DWS in New Orleans.

--Dave

Dave,

You going to be at the DWS in New Orleans?  I would love to meet and thank you in person for all your help.  I need to start working on my kitchen pass now.

RJ

"There's no system of play that substitutes for knocking an opponent down.  When you hit, hit hard." - Pop Warner

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

You going to be at the DWS in New Orleans?

--Evidently.  I have two topics.

I would love to meet and thank you in person for all your help.

--Only if you allow me to thank you too.  Perhaps you'll let me buy you a beverage at the hotel bar.  They serve a mean Roy Rogers.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachRJ
(@rjohns99)
Bronze

That's great and its a deal.

You do know that in New Orleans a Roy Rogers is not the same as elsewhere?  ;D

I definitely need to get working on that kitchen pass.

RJ

"There's no system of play that substitutes for knocking an opponent down.  When you hit, hit hard." - Pop Warner

ReplyQuote
CoachCalande
(@www-coachcalande-com)
Diamond
Topic starter  

....and today...

receiving emails regarding touchdown club fundraising meetings....

and sending in all state ballot....

It never really ends.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

You do know that in New Orleans a Roy Rogers is not the same as elsewhere?

I'm not surprised. 

Everything is different in New Orleans.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

It never really ends.

No, it doesn't.  We're in off-season weight training right now.  Monday-Friday, 2:30 until 4:00.  Then today I have a couple of kids who want to show me their QB and receiving skills afterwards, so I have to hang around for that.  We have nine QB candidates for next year and a rising senior (who's never played QB) wants to show me what he can do.  Sooo, we'll see...

Saturday are the state high school championships.  I'm going over to NC State Saturday night and watch the 4AA championship.  As a high school coach, we get free admission, get to watch the game from the skybox and they ply us with food and beverage all for no charge.  Sounds cool, so I'll check it out.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachCalande
(@www-coachcalande-com)
Diamond
Topic starter  

The Coach I met with the other day most likely wants to be a HC so I don't think he will join forces with us...but hes interested because his son wants to come here with his friends.

ReplyQuote
Share: