Page 1 / 2
  RSS

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
August 30, 2019 11:10 am  

So it’s looking more and more to me that this will be my final season.  We are planning another trek to Palm Springs for three months in early 2020.  Our realtor there is continuing to look for a home and hopefully we’ll find something in that 3-month period.  This should leave me free to do some off-season work in either SoCal, or perhaps someplace else since we can hook up the Casita to the Hummer and roll around the globe.  I think we’ll be attending the Long Beach Grand Prix in April.  If you’re a DW guy, maybe we can get together and do a brain-exchange.

—Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator
United States
August 30, 2019 12:28 pm  

So it’s looking more and more to me that this will be my final season.  We are planning another trek to Palm Springs for three months in early 2020.  Our realtor there is continuing to look for a home and hopefully we’ll find something in that 3-month period.  This should leave me free to do some off-season work in either SoCal, or perhaps someplace else since we can hook up the Casita to the Hummer and roll around the globe.  I think we’ll be attending the Long Beach Grand Prix in April.  If you’re a DW guy, maybe we can get together and do a brain-exchange.

—Dave

Dang DP. What will you do without humidity?

I guess the summer in Palm Springs you will have your facemelter. It gets friggen hot. A buddy of mine owns the restaurant on top of the palm spring aerial tramway. Scary ride if you've never been.

At least I think he still owns it, this was 15 years ago.

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
Bill03
(@bill03)
Copper
AC
August 30, 2019 12:29 pm  

Dave I would definitely want to meet again before you go at west. I've been wanting call the past few days , but things are getting crazy down here with this storm heading our way ! Hope everyone this way stays safe!!

Bill

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
August 30, 2019 12:31 pm  

Dang DP. What will you do without humidity?

—Tell it to Kiss My Adios.

I guess the summer in Palm Springs you will have your facemelter. It gets friggen hot.

—Idyllwild is just around the corner.

A buddy of mine owns the restaurant on top of the palm spring aerial tramway. Scary ride if you've never been.

—Nope.  Want no part of the tram.

—Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
August 30, 2019 12:35 pm  

Dave I would definitely want to meet again before you go at west.

—Well it’s doubtful we’ll be in Orlando for the USAF clinic, this year.  We’re gonna do the wine country, LA Grand Prix, probably the TCM moviefest, as well as house hunt.

I've been wanting call the past few days , but things are getting crazy down here with this storm heading our way

—Don’t you be out in that mess, Bill.

—Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
August 30, 2019 12:39 pm  

What will you do without humidity?

Deb hates the humidity worse than me.  At least I was raised in it.  Regardless, prolly time to hang it up and enjoy stuff.  Got toys and tools and things to play with. 

—Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator
United States
August 30, 2019 12:47 pm  

Deb hates the humidity worse than me.  At least I was raised in it.  Regardless, prolly time to hang it up and enjoy stuff.  Got toys and tools and things to play with. 

—Dave

Nice. One of the guys I used to race with he's a general manager at a dealership in PS.

Hey while youre out there look for an old VW bus for DeAnna. She wants me to build her one. I only need the shell as I am going to build a nascar style frame with suspension and put a mid engine V8 in it

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
August 30, 2019 7:27 pm  

Hey while youre out there look for an old VW bus for DeAnna. She wants me to build her one. I only need the shell as I am going to build a nascar style frame with suspension and put a mid engine V8 in it

Perfect.  VW vans are perfect for the mid-engine design.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
vikingdw
(@vikingdw)
Copper
August 30, 2019 8:29 pm  

After this season it would be the perfect time to sit down and write your football coaching book...GOLD!

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
August 31, 2019 6:10 am  

After this season it would be the perfect time to sit down and write your football coaching book...GOLD!

I dunno, Bobby.  The idea of selling just one copy isn’t all that appealing.  ;D

Really, what it comes down to Bobby is that there simply is no market for it.  I don't mean a "market" in terms of $ and cents, but a market that would apply it.  Too many coaches make excuses as to why "that wouldn't work here," "I can't do that," "They won't let me...," etc.

Dave Cisar is a great example.  Coaches come on here and ask "How do I build a program?" and DC gives them an A, B, C, D instruction list and they respond by saying why they can't do all of those things.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Coach E
(@coache)
Gold
September 1, 2019 4:02 am  

Really, what it comes down to Bobby is that there simply is no market for it.  I don't mean a "market" in terms of $ and cents, but a market that would apply it.  Too many coaches make excuses as to why "that wouldn't work here," "I can't do that," "They won't let me...," etc.

Dave Cisar is a great example.  Coaches come on here and ask "How do I build a program?" and DC gives them an A, B, C, D instruction list and they respond by saying why they can't do all of those things.

--Dave

True enough for most coaches. That's the way it is for any other coaching book/method out there. Or "self-help" books, for that matter. But there will be some coaches that take the information, learn it and apply it correctly. Now you have a small handful of coaches who apply your principles, making their programs better. So instead of 30-40 kids you make better in one school in one season, you are now making a difference with 300-400 kids scattered across the country.

You could also throw in a clinic with a purchase. That might be worth whatever price you put on it.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.- Marcus Aurelius

ReplyQuote
terrypjohnson
(@terrypjohnson)
Bronze
United States
Head Coach
September 1, 2019 5:14 am  

All that I will say is, "whatever advice DP offers, I'm in"

Fight 'em until Hell freezes over, then fight 'em on the ice -- Dutch Meyer

ReplyQuote
SingleWingGoombah
(@singlewinggoombah)
Gold
September 3, 2019 5:35 am  

I dunno, Bobby.  The idea of selling just one copy isn’t all that appealing.  ;D

--Dave

Sounds like you are making an excuse for not writing a book 🙂 

Don't forget, there are also a lot of people who praise Dave and what he has written.  He has helped me improve greatly as a coach.  So have you.  I would definitely pirate a bootlegged copy of your book.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
September 3, 2019 5:49 am  

I would definitely pirate a bootlegged copy of your book.

Awesome! 😆

—Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachHouston
(@danhouston)
Copper
September 3, 2019 10:11 am  

What?!?! I still need MOUNTAINS of help!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: