All star game a sla...

Notifications
Clear all

All star game a slam dunk

WBCoach
(@rstockwell)
Bronze
Topic starter  

As most of you know i was asked to coach the 11u allstar game for 1 of the 4 allstar teams in the biggest football confrence in  NJ (42 teams). First thing i did was ask a fellow dumcoacher to help out. Big shout out to RJGiants aka Rob. I decided to go with 6 ubsw plays and a 6 play spread package. On defense we ran a 4-4. For those who want to know it was all from ace and Joes king formation. we ran a slant/arrow, a hitch/wheel, a trips flood route, 2 fast screens and a naked boot. We had 4 practices and off we went. We onside kicked to start the game and got the ball. We started in spread and were lights out. Naked boot got us 2 early scores and a screen from the running back off the hitch/wheel got us the third score in the first quarter. With 5 minutes left in the 1st quarter and a 20-0 lead we were told to call off the dogs. Once we got to 26-0 th AYF vice president and head official told me that they would not be putting any more points on the score board and there would be a flag on every TD. So we scored 4 more times and everyone of them was called back. They were all TDS of over 40 yards. Not in anyway did i want to embarrass the other team but they clearly did not coach up there kids and had a terrible game plan. This was an allstar game come on. They had the best oline and best skill player from 10 teams and 8 of those 10 teams was in the playoffs. 2 of my 10 teams were playoff teams. They got 1 first down the whole game and it was late in the 4th quarter. 12 kids on my team touched the ball. 4 different kids scored and 2 more kids scored extra points. Final score 54-0
The other teams coaches should be mortified of the coaching effort they showed. I heard the header yell hit somebody like 15-20 times. JJ would be going nuts if he was there. Thanks Joe for the couple conversations about how to go about setting up my spread with such limited time. Now i see why you won 5 national championships. Keep it simple and stress the small stuff.

Team work: good as gold

patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum

Great job Coach.  I see All Star games as a no-win situation on game day.  However, you can really connect with kids in the limited practices and show what you are made of by being better prepared than the other team. 

ReplyQuote
RJGiants75
(@rjgiants75)
Bronze

As most of you know i was asked to coach the 11u allstar game for 1 of the 4 allstar teams in the biggest football confrence in  NJ (42 teams). First thing i did was ask a fellow dumcoacher to help out. Big shout out to RJGiants aka Rob. I decided to go with 6 ubsw plays and a 6 play spread package. On defense we ran a 4-4. For those who want to know it was all from ace and Joes king formation. we ran a slant/arrow, a hitch/wheel, a trips flood route, 2 fast screens and a naked boot. We had 4 practices and off we went. We onside kicked to start the game and got the ball. We started in spread and were lights out. Naked boot got us 2 early scores and a screen from the running back off the hitch/wheel got us the third score in the first quarter. With 5 minutes left in the 1st quarter and a 20-0 lead we were told to call off the dogs. Once we got to 26-0 th AYF vice president and head official told me that they would not be putting any more points on the score board and there would be a flag on every TD. So we scored 4 more times and everyone of them was called back. They were all TDS of over 40 yards. Not in anyway did i want to embarrass the other team but they clearly did not coach up there kids and had a terrible game plan. This was an allstar game come on. They had the best oline and best skill player from 10 teams and 8 of those 10 teams was in the playoffs. 2 of my 10 teams were playoff teams. They got 1 first down the whole game and it was late in the 4th quarter. 12 kids on my team touched the ball. 4 different kids scored and 2 more kids scored extra points. Final score 54-0
The other teams coaches should be mortified of the coaching effort they showed. I heard the header yell hit somebody like 15-20 times. JJ would be going nuts if he was there. Thanks Joe for the couple conversations about how to go about setting up my spread with such limited time. Now i see why you won 5 national championships. Keep it simple and stress the small stuff.

Coach,

This was a such a great experience. Thank you again for adding me to your staff. You put together a good group of coaches and plan.

The kids were focused all week and listened to what we were telling them. Come game time, they put it all together and dominated both sides of the ball.

The refs were ridiculous with some of those bogus calls. They are still taking points away from us!!

Here is the score posted on the AYF NJ Shore Facebook page-

Conference All Star Games | Final Scores

Jr. Peewee
North 1:  18
South:  0

Rob

ReplyQuote
WBCoach
(@rstockwell)
Bronze
Topic starter  

Coach,

This was a such a great experience. Thank you again for adding me to your staff. You put together a good group of coaches and plan.

The kids were focused all week and listened to what we were telling them. Come game time, they put it all together and dominated both sides of the ball.

The refs were ridiculous with some of those bogus calls. They are still taking points away from us!!

Here is the score posted on the AYF NJ Shore Facebook page-

Conference All Star Games | Final Scores

Jr. Peewee
North 1:  18
South:  0

Rob

Rob, No thank you for helping. It's funny because I got warned all year about my scores but I seen those southern teams putting up over 35 every week and some weeks 42 and they never got in trouble. The most I put on a team was 34. 

Team work: good as gold

ReplyQuote
Share: