and now, its time f...

Notifications
Clear all

and now, its time for, the end of season "throwing coaches under the bus" awards

Page 1 / 5

CoachOCD
(@coachocd)
Platinum
Topic starter  

This probably belongs under the "I need a shrink thread" but I wanted to hear from coaches that had a lot of finger pointing and coaching staff problems, inner turmoil.

its equipment turn in night, I show up late, BUT I hear from 4 sets of parents, what our dear HC had to say. Some of them were laughing that they should of recorded it. Here is what they were telling me he said...

HC stands in front of parents and informs them that #1 he is a much better coach that was was done this season #2 he was embarrassed at how poorly his staff did. #3 he was going to have to clean house    #4 my favorite, "you see it comes down to coaching, either you know your shit or like y'all saw from the others, you dont know shit, its embarrassing, I have championships but I cant run a team and cover all the coaching holes we had. Our play calling was crap, I cant have that. I work to hard and long to be dragged down by lesser coaching, I expect more than that, I demand it.

One of the moms that was laughing hysterically at times said " I wonder if that includes calling them pussies and whimps and little girls every practice. The other mom interrupted her and said " I think thats in his coaches manual, your a pussy, oh oh oh and you suck, he told my son that he sucked almost every practice." other mom "he joked my son was gay" "no no really he did he said he ran and tackled like a girl, is there something your hiding hahaha, you like dancing with guys hahaha, you know put a dress on instead of pads"

she cont "I mean we all just stood there looking at him trying not to laugh" "I told him he had no idea just how much us parents appreciated all he did" then they all started cracking up again, bu the 1 dad there was shaking his head saying "waddaduche"

OC

SingleWingGoombah
(@singlewinggoombah)
Gold

I need a DC for next season, send him my way!

ReplyQuote
PioneerCoach
(@pioneercoach)
Bronze

This probably belongs under the "I need a shrink thread" but I wanted to hear from coaches that had a lot of finger pointing and coaching staff problems, inner turmoil.

its equipment turn in night, I show up late, BUT I hear from 4 sets of parents, what our dear HC had to say. Some of them were laughing that they should of recorded it. Here is what they were telling me he said...

HC stands in front of parents and informs them that #1 he is a much better coach that was was done this season #2 he was embarrassed at how poorly his staff did. #3 he was going to have to clean house    #4 my favorite, "you see it comes down to coaching, either you know your shit or like y'all saw from the others, you dont know shit, its embarrassing, I have championships but I cant run a team and cover all the coaching holes we had. Our play calling was crap, I cant have that. I work to hard and long to be dragged down by lesser coaching, I expect more than that, I demand it.

One of the moms that was laughing hysterically at times said " I wonder if that includes calling them pussies and whimps and little girls every practice. The other mom interrupted her and said " I think thats in his coaches manual, your a pussy, oh oh oh and you suck, he told my son that he sucked almost every practice." other mom "he joked my son was gay" "no no really he did he said he ran and tackled like a girl, is there something your hiding hahaha, you like dancing with guys hahaha, you know put a dress on instead of pads"

she cont "I mean we all just stood there looking at him trying not to laugh" "I told him he had no idea just how much us parents appreciated all he did" then they all started cracking up again, bu the 1 dad there was shaking his head saying "waddaduche"

OC

I don't post much, but I do lurk just about every day.  For some reason, I found that thread fascinating.  I checked for an update every day.  Maybe I have no life, but that thread was as much fun as I've had all season. 

For your sake, I'm glad you're done with him.  I'm sure next year you will find a better landing place.  If it wasn't likely bad for your health, I'd totally want you to coach with him again next season just so I could read about it.  Or better yet, watch video of it.

-Craig

"February: I want to run triple option from the single wing, but with a pass option, too. Should the end run a post or a corner?
September: Any advice on how to get my center to snap it properly?"

ReplyQuote
bigshel
(@bigshel)
Gold

I don't post much, but I do lurk just about every day.  For some reason, I found that thread fascinating.  I checked for an update every day.  Maybe I have no life, but that thread was as much fun as I've had all season. 

For your sake, I'm glad you're done with him.  I'm sure next year you will find a better landing place.  If it wasn't likely bad for your health, I'd totally want you to coach with him again next season just so I could read about it.  Or better yet, watch video of it.

-Craig

+1. That thread should be considered a Dumcoach Classic. If there is ever a Dumcoach Classic Hall of Fame, that thread belongs in it.  😛

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

OC

I dont think anyone can even compete with your HC unless they like second place.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond

You are who you associate with

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
Coach Kyle
(@coach-kyle)
Platinum

You are who you associate with

I like to associate with Warren Buffett.

Deaths while walking 4,743Deaths from football 12

ReplyQuote
Andrew76
(@andrew76)
Silver

Sometimes I sit and think "Gosh I think should be just an assistant coach for someone else's team for a couple seasons."  And then I read a thread like this one.

ReplyQuote
davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond

Sometimes I sit and think "Gosh I think should be just an assistant coach for someone else's team for a couple seasons."  And then I read a thread like this one.

For those that are always whining about the leadership of their HC or their Org, cant run what you want to run:
BE a Head Coach
Go in and change your Org- get involved- get on the Board

Dont want to go through all the hassle- then form your own program or team
Its not that big a deal- just do it

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.Winston Churchill

ReplyQuote
CoachOCD
(@coachocd)
Platinum
Topic starter  

For those that are always whining about the leadership of their HC or their Org, cant run what you want to run:
BE a Head Coach
Go in and change your Org- get involved- get on the Board

Don't want to go through all the hassle- then form your own program or team
Its not that big a deal- just do it

I agree wholeheartedly. Step up and make the sacrifice, be on board, be a coach, be something, get involved etc etc...this is my last year with youth football for awhile. I have had my fill. Fun? you bet! that is fun most years, even this past year there was moments.

And Dave dont make me get my boxing gloves on, I got no problem knocking out rich guys too - ref to whining comment. I posted that whole thread on HC as a greek tragic comedy.

Iv run teams before, no real substantive problems, few hiccups, I dont want the HC position on my sons team, not again, I've already been accused of "daddy balling" AND MY SON WAS AN OFFENSIVE LINEMEN!!!!!!!!!!!! soooo petty.  Did the call out challenge right there in front of parents and whole team, king of the hill and sumo drill. After my son destroyed her boy, I asked team if anybody wanted to challenge him, my son, for offensive linemen captain position. I made it fair and still got accused, he won by beating whole team repeatedly.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

I agree wholeheartedly. Step up and make the sacrifice, be on board, be a coach, be something, get involved etc etc...this is my last year with youth football for awhile. I have had my fill. Fun? you bet! that is fun most years, even this past year there was moments.

And Dave dont make me get my boxing gloves on, I got no problem knocking out rich guys too - ref to whining comment. I posted that whole thread on HC as a greek tragic comedy.

Iv run teams before, no real substantive problems, few hiccups, I dont want the HC position on my sons team, not again, I've already been accused of "daddy balling" AND MY SON WAS AN OFFENSIVE LINEMEN!!!!!!!!!!!! soooo petty.  Did the call out challenge right there in front of parents and whole team, king of the hill and sumo drill. After my son destroyed her boy, I asked team if anybody wanted to challenge him, my son, for offensive linemen captain position. I made it fair and still got accused, he won by beating whole team repeatedly.

Whoa Brother

Dave wasn't attacking you...just making a general statement.

Your situation certainly WAS a tragic comedy. I applaud you for staying on for the sake of your own son.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond

Wasn't pointed at you

Your situation was so crazy- almost funny

Was for ALL the guys who consistently whine
Im not a listener lets cry in our cheerios together kind of guy- Im a problem solver

BTW I was a GG boxer of 3 years after I quit playing college football- absolutely LOVED it

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.Winston Churchill

ReplyQuote
SingleWingGoombah
(@singlewinggoombah)
Gold

Can we not devolve to talk about knocking each other out or being gold glove boxers???

ReplyQuote
Shamrocks
(@shamrocks)
Gold

Funny, a young flag coach is moving up to coach tackle next year and put in to be a HC.  He asked me what the toughest thing about being a HC was and I said finding ACs who are loyal and know what they are doing.  I told him that if he trusted no one that he was better off coaching alone and getting dads to hold bags otherwise he will have so many knives sticking out of his back it would be insane. 

ReplyQuote
CoachOCD
(@coachocd)
Platinum
Topic starter  

OH c'mon guys I thought you would of gathered by now I'm strange & off tilt. I have a dark sense of twisted outspoken humor, I dont like the well beaten path.  I have zero anger towards Dave. I was, as usual being true to my modus operandus.

Dave has always preached hard work, discipline, anti show boat, sportsmanship and be a good citizen, you can tell by his likes and posts.
Sure he has a bit of the over achiever vibe sometimes, maybe a bit on the side of "salesmanny" at times......BUT he is a fellow hard working business owner, capitalist, conservative/republican, who believes in self reliance and not looking for handouts /leads by example eg a good work ethic, and that's respectable. 

my boxing gloves are really those Hulk over sized green fists...I let the teenagers beat the crap out of each other every once in awhile...I cant box my way out of a wet paper bag BUT!!!!

NOOOW if you want a food eating competition, from pie to BBQ ha ha I might give ya a challenge!!!

OC

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 5
Share: