Notifications
Clear all

Anybody Seen This Junk?

Page 1 / 7

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

So evidently Snoop has (had?) his own show on Netflix ("Coach Snoop").  It's just a FNT-rehash with a lot of inexcusable behavior by the adults and the "so-called" adult, Snoop Dogg, the misogynist felon and role-model for kids.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

So evidently Snoop has (had?) his own show on Netflix ("Coach Snoop").  It's just a FNT-rehash with a lot of inexcusable behavior by the adults and the "so-called" adult, Snoop Dogg, the misogynist felon and role-model for kids.

--Dave

Yep....watched a few episodes last night.

Cant decide if he is doing these kids any good or not. They are certainly traveling in style if they are indeed from the Ghettos. I think he is honest when he talks about grades first and keeping them away from the pitfalls of becoming Gang Members. He did take the kids to Seattle for a youth game and to watch one of his former players playing for the U of W. That was actually pretty cool even though they nearly missed their flight after getting kicked off the plane.  ::)

That trip had to have cost a pretty penny so he is willing to spend.

I was shaking my head though when the Refs told him to tone down the language and he shot back.....this is our language and im not changing for no one.

My Daughter is about to step into the youth football World for the first time  with her son so I quickly called her and told her....do NOT watch COACH SNOOP and NO FNT's ! I doubt she listened. She is way too curious to obey her Father !

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Test Account
(@test-account)
Kryptonite

Coach Potter parents let there kids listen to his music, walk and talk that music and you think he is going to change for tv?.

Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Cant decide if he is doing these kids any good or not.

My favorite part was when he talked about keeping kids away from gangs and drugs and in the first scene of the show he's smoking pot.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Threepwood
(@wettstein)
Bronze

I watched one episode up to the time the got kicked off the plane.  I couldn't believe how stupid Snoop and his group is.  Talk about bottom of the barrel.  Can they even speak without cussing or using racial slurs?  And they're not keeping kids away from danger - they are actually promoting it!

They're worse than Friday Night Tykes.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

I watched one episode up to the time the got kicked off the plane.  I couldn't believe how stupid Snoop and his group is.  Talk about bottom of the barrel.  Can they even speak without cussing or using racial slurs?  And they're not keeping kids away from danger - they are actually promoting it!

They're worse than Friday Night Tykes.

^ This.

Absolutely.  Because they are showing kids this is how you model correct, acceptable, adult behavior.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Test Account
(@test-account)
Kryptonite

^ This.

Absolutely.  Because they are showing kids this is how you model correct, acceptable, adult behavior.

--Dave

what is your solution Dave?

Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

I watched another episode last night.

I believe Snoops heart is in the right place. Thing is he dealing with an atmosphere few of us understand.

Its nothing like FNT's...a show that didnt do all of us youth coaches any good at all when it came to perceptions.

This show?.....its not that IMHO. I will watch it to the end.

ReplyQuote
G8trs
(@g8trs)
Copper

I binge watched this show yesterday and found it very entertaining  :). I think Snoops heart is in the right place. He truly wants to help the kids get out of the bad situation they are in.

He is just being himself. Do you think he should act like something he isn't? The kids would see right through that.

He is using his position in the world to help kids. What is wrong with this? Those kids are exposed to worse than a few curse words and adults smoking pot.

One kid lost his Mom to a hit run. Another kid didn't see his father for 3 years. Another kid watched his dad get sentenced to 4 years in prison.

Drugs, alcohol and death are all part of these kids everyday lives. I am positive a few curse words will have little impact on their lives compared to the opportunity Snoop is providing.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Drugs, alcohol and death are all part of these kids everyday lives. I am positive a few curse words will have little impact on their lives compared to the opportunity Snoop is providing.

What opportunity is that?  To fly around on a plane while he pats himself on the back and promotes himself as the pimp with a heart of gold?  No thank you. 

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

I believe Snoops heart is in the right place.

--And I believe his heart is in his wallet.  Just what kids need: another adult who doesn't know how to behave, knows nothing about coaching and uses this forum for a TV show and to pose for pictures.  M'kay... ::)

Thing is he dealing with an atmosphere few of us understand.

--It's not all that hard to understand.

Its nothing like FNT's...a show that didnt do all of us youth coaches any good at all when it came to perceptions.

--And this one does?

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

what is your solution Dave?

Solution for what?  Evidently, the choices range from states outlawing youth football to FNT-escapades.  Not really anything anyone can do.  No one's gonna stop ol' Snoop from standing on USC's sidelines regardless of how many times he's been arrested.  Gotta love how he explains "Coach Snoop" from "Rapper Snoop."  Evidently, Rapper Snoop "just has to do what he has to do."  Meaning that, this is how he justifies his actions, income and lifestyle because "Rapper Snoop is different from Coach Snoop."  Not hardly.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

I have coached in pretty afluent areas and areas that were anything but. The players basically need the same thing from us. To different degrees, absolutely. I will say kids from troubled areas easily see through any bs and sometimes need to be handled with anything but kid gloves. Only good people can be good role models. I don't know if Snoop is a good role model. I guess you would have to judge him by waiting to see if his approach works. But Snoop has an agenda beyond these kids. Legalization of pot is something he promotes strongly. Mixing that stance with coaching youth seems illogical to me.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

You and your dang embeds.

I believe Snoops heart is in the right place.

--And I believe his heart is in his wallet.  Just what kids need: another adult who doesn't know how to behave, knows nothing about coaching and uses this forum for a TV show and to pose for pictures.  M'kay... ::)

Thing is he dealing with an atmosphere few of us understand.

--It's not all that hard to understand.

--And this one does?

--Dave

My take....dont watch it as a Coach. Watch it as a Parent. Football is simply the backdrop.

The Dude is already super rich. This show isnt gonna add to that.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

The Dude is already super rich. This show isnt gonna add to that.

A corporation is always looking for ways to expand into other markets.  If you don't think this is a way to bring (even younger) kids into his core element, I think you're mistaken.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 7
Share: