Platinum
August 17, 2018 5:31 am  

Taking my son to college. Only 4 hours away, but  :'(

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

spidermac
(@spidermac)
Gold
August 17, 2018 5:52 am  

Dude, it is weird, for sure, the house is friggin' quiet...I have started making more noise to fill the void 😛

None of them suck, they just haven't found what the kid is good at yet.

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
Illinois
Other
Club Admin
August 17, 2018 6:00 am  

Dropped my Son off for Boot Camp last June.  House was like an empty church after that.  16 weeks later I got to see him for 4 days.  He has been home twice since then.  Big Change for Both of us.  Good Luck!  8)

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
COCoachKC
(@cocoachkc)
Bronze
Colorado
Retired
August 17, 2018 12:28 pm  

Lar,

I remember leaving all three of my boys.  Tough?  Yep!  But to watch them all become individuals and grow in their own way was so cool to watch... from a distance.

Travis spent a year at Mesa.  School just wasn't his thing.  He now works in HVAC (refrigeration, to be specific).

Ryan moved out on July 31st.  He started med school at CU on the 3rd.  Mom and I attended the "white coat" ceremony last Friday.  Man, what a proud parent moment.  He received his scroll from the Army the week before he moved out.  Still waiting for the formal commissioning.  Should happen next week.  I am looking forward to that.  He will spend six-weeks each summer with the Army.  He is hoping to do his internship and residency at an Army hospital.  The pay is better than civilian and that time goes towards his pension.

We just have DC left at home.  He will start the police academy in January.  Close to the nest being completely empty.

Kent

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
August 17, 2018 10:28 pm  

Lar,

I remember leaving all three of my boys.  Tough?  Yep!  But to watch them all become individuals and grow in their own way was so cool to watch... from a distance.

Travis spent a year at Mesa.  School just wasn't his thing.  He now works in HVAC (refrigeration, to be specific).

Ryan moved out on July 31st.  He started med school at CU on the 3rd.  Mom and I attended the "white coat" ceremony last Friday.  Man, what a proud parent moment.  He received his scroll from the Army the week before he moved out.  Still waiting for the formal commissioning.  Should happen next week.  I am looking forward to that.  He will spend six-weeks each summer with the Army.  He is hoping to do his internship and residency at an Army hospital.  The pay is better than civilian and that time goes towards his pension.

We just have DC left at home.  He will start the police academy in January.  Close to the nest being completely empty.

Kent

Good to hear from you, Kent, and good to hear about your boys. Jake needed this in the worst way. Hanging around at home last year, attending community college was killing him.

So remember the Cougars team that he was on before we came to the Panthers? That HC coached with DREAGLE for a couple of years. His step son Dylan was on that team. He is now Jake's roommate at Mesa. They are sharing the Master BR.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
Share: