Notifications
Clear all

Brand new coach, brand new org

Page 2 / 2

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Put the best player at each position.

I don't know what this means.  What are you getting at?  Who puts their worst players at each position?

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

I would be surprised if that league is no different than every other league out there with coaches and teams falling all throughout the spectrum from down right awful to really friggin good.

They have the greatest collection of meatheads I've ever seen.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Threepwood
(@wettstein)
Bronze

I thought the same thing

Me three

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

They have the greatest collection of meatheads I've ever seen.

--Dave

Could be but they might also have the greatest collection of great youth coaches as well. The show will never show that end of it. Makes for boring tv. Some of those meat heads might not be nearly as bad as the producers edit them to be. I'm just saying that level of bad coaching is no endemic to that league. Every youth coach here, and I bet most of the hs guys as well, have plenty of that type of crap going on. Plus, I tend to think that much of that is flat out staged just like every other reality tv show.

ReplyQuote
Prodigy
(@prodigy)
Platinum

I don't know what this means.  What are you getting at?  Who puts their worst players at each position?

--Dave

dad coaches.

If you show up for a fair fight, you are unprepared.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

--Dave

Thinking isn't for everybody.  No need to make the dude feel bad.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
Shamrocks
(@shamrocks)
Gold

So I've been looking to get into coaching for about a year now.  Have an offer for to coach a brand new TYFA program down here in San Antonio.  I have no previous coaching experience, but I will be buying Dave Cisar's complete system and running with it.  Right now I have one assistant and I am looking to get at least two more.  Any words of wisdom for a novice who is jumping in the deep end?

Can't go wrong with Dave's stuff at all.  I started out with his books and DVD's using his O and D, practice plans and so on and through the years we ran different O and different D but we never got away from his practice plans and style of coaching

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: