Buddy got suspended...

Notifications

Buddy got suspended for the rest of the season...  

Page 1 / 7
  RSS

Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)
October 17, 2014 7:53 am  

Just a FYI,

Buddy of mine just got suspended for the rest of the year including Playoffs. He is an assistant coach for the Buford 7 year old team. His team on Oct 4, had a Pink Out. another COACH 10 minutes before gametime took a picture from the sidelines of the team lined up to run through the banner, with the Cheerleaders in front of the Banner with their Pink Pom Poms. Having a camera on the sidelines is against the rules.... evidently even before the game begins. League Fined the Coach $100.

My Buddy, posted the picture of the team on HIS facebook with the explanation that the League Fined his team $100. He was suspended for the rest of the regular season and the playoffs. He didn't have a kid on the team, just volunteering for fun. The team is 7 and 1.
The Coach paid the fine and asked if they would donate the money for Breast Cancer, the League rep said no it goes in the GFL bank account.

Big Pile of Bull Excrement if you ask me.

patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum
October 17, 2014 7:58 am  

Sounds like a great group of League officials. 

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
October 17, 2014 8:04 am  

Wow...how low can a League possibly go.  🙁

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
coachtut
(@coachtut)
Bronze
October 17, 2014 8:06 am  

I suspect that someone is going to chime in and say, "Rules are rules."  What is not going to change is me wanting to kick that person in the nuts.

Coach Tut

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite
October 17, 2014 8:11 am  

So he has been suspended for the rest of the season and fined. Good luck collecting the fine. Some leagues and board members have no clue what it is they are really supposed to be doing.

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator
United States
October 17, 2014 8:22 am  

Sad  🙁

Spirit of the rule vs. letter of the law  ???

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
CoachDavidP
(@fizzlife)
Gold
October 17, 2014 8:24 am  

Sad  🙁

Spirit of the rule vs. letter of the law  ???

This. People just can't think and reason for themselves sometimes. Crazy.

David (Fizzlife)Extreme Ownership -- Jocko Willink and Leif Babin

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite
October 17, 2014 8:34 am  

This. People just can't think and reason for themselves sometimes. Crazy.

Zero tolerance is for people either to stupid or afraid to actually think for themselves.

ReplyQuote
CoachJR267
(@coachjoel)
Silver
October 17, 2014 8:39 am  

Why are cameras not allowed on the field? Seems the League is missing out on a huge opportunity for positive PR and marketing. Candid on field pictures are great for advertising and for other promotions. Parents love them.

We allow photographers on the field as long as they stay out of the team boxes.

Are you allowed to take your phone on the field? If so then anyone with a smart phone is in technical violation of that rule since almost every smart phone has a camera.

To do what ought to be done but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)
October 17, 2014 9:31 am  

I can understand enforceing the rule DURING a game, but before a game, of your own team, and you are certified and allowed to be there?

Here is the picture.

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond
New Jersey
3rd - 5th
Asst Coach
October 17, 2014 10:04 am  

I suspect that someone is going to chime in and say, "Rules are rules."  What is not going to change is me wanting to kick that person in the nuts.

I understand the original penalty's being for a violation of the letter of the camera rule.  What rule did the buddy break by posting the picture?

ReplyQuote
DREagle
(@coyouthcoach)
Silver
October 17, 2014 10:18 am  

I understand the original penalty's being for a violation of the letter of the camera rule.  What rule did the buddy break by posting the picture?

COPPA

Child Online Privacy Protection Act

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite
October 17, 2014 10:34 am  

Having a camera on the sidelines is against the rules

I'm guessing a rule is a rule unless someone has a cell phone in their pocket, and then a rule isn't a rule.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)
October 17, 2014 12:37 pm  

The "Official" reason for suspension is " not showing remorse and apologizing" for posting the information. He got that text about 2 hours ago BECAUSE I AM BEING AN ASS AND POSTING THIS EVERYWHERE!!!! Facebook, Twitter, message boards.... etc! Hey YC! Erik Richards is an ass.... I know you can't comment, but I can.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
October 17, 2014 12:42 pm  

The "Official" reason for suspension is " not showing remorse and apologizing" for posting the information. He got that text about 2 hours ago BECAUSE I AM BEING AN ASS AND POSTING THIS EVERYWHERE!!!! Facebook, Twitter, message boards.... etc! Hey YC! Erik Richards is an ass.... I know you can't comment, but I can.

Ah...Board Members treating coaches like children.

I think Im gonna barf now.  :-

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 7
Share: