Notifications
Clear all

Colorado Pop Warner 12U State Championship

Page 1 / 2

G8trs
(@g8trs)
Copper
Topic starter  

Its going down this Saturday. The 7-0 Westminster Gators face off against the 6-1 Pueblo Predators. Here are some highlights from the week 6 regular season show down. Gators vs Predators Week 6

I am expecting a much tougher game in the Championship. The Predators have their stud QB and DT back for this game. They were both out of the week 6 match up. 

Take care of business this weekend and we will be raising a trophy. Lets Go Gators

32wedge, mahonz and Coyote liked
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Good luck !!!

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Posted by: @g8trs

Here are some highlights from the week 6 regular season show down. Gators vs Predators Week 6

The team in white had much better coaching.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

32wedge and Coyote liked
ReplyQuote
tiger46
(@tiger46)
Bronze

Good luck, Coach!

“It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men. ”  ― Frederick Douglass

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum

Where's the game, Matt?

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
Coyote
(@coyote)
Bronze

Good luck coach, 

Umm.... why does that 6 ft tall 9 yr old have a goatee...?

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Usually, I hate looking at youth vids because it's usually a mash of two poorly-coached teams where the team that wins simply has "The Dude."  Or Team A is just "Poorly Coached," while Team B is "Horribly Coached."  And that becomes the difference in the game.  But I took a look at the vid above and was genuinely impressed.  So much so that I looked at it again.  (I rarely do that.)  Regardless of the talents on the field, you could see the higher level of execution was based on the quality of coaching that they white jersey team had received.  The only way they lose the next game is if their opponent has an even better coaching staff (that will be hard), or has a Dude that is just that much better (that will not be as hard).  But if they have The Dude, you can gameplay against him to take him out.  If they have the better coaching staff...well, then I would like to be at that game.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
G8trs
(@g8trs)
Copper
Topic starter  

@gumby_in_co

The game is at Arvada High School. Kick off is at 2 p.m. 

ReplyQuote
G8trs
(@g8trs)
Copper
Topic starter  
Posted by: @coachdp

Usually, I hate looking at youth vids because it's usually a mash of two poorly-coached teams where the team that wins simply has "The Dude."  Or Team A is just "Poorly Coached," while Team B is "Horribly Coached."  And that becomes the difference in the game.  But I took a look at the vid above and was genuinely impressed.  So much so that I looked at it again.  (I rarely do that.)  Regardless of the talents on the field, you could see the higher level of execution was based on the quality of coaching that they white jersey team had received.  The only way they lose the next game is if their opponent has an even better coaching staff (that will be hard), or has a Dude that is just that much better (that will not be as hard).  But if they have The Dude, you can gameplay against him to take him out.  If they have the better coaching staff...well, then I would like to be at that game.

--Dave

I appreciate you taking the time to look at our game video twice lol. Coming into the game we were the under dog. Very few people outside of our community thought we had a chance. Our players embraced the challenge and executed the game plan.

Stopping their "Dude" was our game plan going in. Their RB is a nationally ranked (blah, blah, blah) stud. Everyone knows you have to stop him to beat this team. We have been the only team this season that was been able to contain him. He did rip off a 90 yard TD run on us but we corrected the issue quickly in game and held him to 6 points.

This week they will have their stud QB and DT back. We can easily account for their DT in our scheme. I am a little worried about their QB. He is a duel threat QB that we have to keep contained in the pocket. We were able to out coach them the first time and take away their Dude. This game we will have 2 Dudes to account for on offense. It should be a much better game.

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum

@gumby_in_co

The game is at Arvada High School. Kick off is at 2 p.m. 

I might come watch. I'll probably be wearing a camo F-150 ball cap. 

BTW, I'm always amused to hear about a "Nationally Ranked" player who hasn't made it to HS yet.

This post was modified 1 month ago by gumby_in_co

ReplyQuote
G8trs
(@g8trs)
Copper
Topic starter  

@gumby_in_co

Sounds good. Come up and say hi. 

Those national rankings are a joke. There are a handful of teams in the area that use bs rankings to hype up their players and team. 

I dont really care if they have the 36th ranked RB in the nation. Why? Because there was only 37 RBs that entered stats for your bs rankings lol.

I tell our boys to work hard and perfect your craft. When you get to High School the scouts will find you.

We do share our game video with the local High Schools. The boys post their highlights on their socials. We stay busy year around with local leagues and tournaments so we are known in the area.

While they are busy being hype men I will do something absolutely crazy like coach up our kids lol.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

I appreciate you taking the time to look at our game video twice lol.

--Well, I am a busy guy. 😉 Honestly, most of the game footage I see posted is garbage.  Yours was interesting to watch.

Their RB is a nationally ranked (blah, blah, blah) stud.

--Yeah, we all know how that works.  Ranking, shmanking....  I'm sure he's a Dude, but 247Sports can't even get it right when it comes to high school players.

--Good luck with it.  

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
G8trs
(@g8trs)
Copper
Topic starter  

We lost 35-30 after leading the game 30-14 going into the 4th quarter. Their stud QB made some crazy plays in the 4th quarter to get them back into the game but this loss is on us. We had multiple opportunities to put the game away but couldn't get the job done.

The last 6 minutes of the game were a complete disaster. I have never had a team shut down like that. We have some serious work to do this summer before Fall ball starts.

Just when you think everything is going good it blows up in your face. Back to the grind.

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum

@g8trs I was there with my brother in law and nephew. We were sitting on that retaining wall across the field from you.

Heartbreaker. There were times early where I thought you were going to blow them out. Later, I was thinking, man, this shouldn't be this close. 

Some of your guys were incredibly sound tacklers in the 1st half. 2nd half, wow. Especially when #10 caught the ball. Made him look special and I'm not sure he was. 

Still, it was a very entertaining game. I told Mahonz that it had a pre-Covid feel to it. Great atmosphere complete with people coming to Denver from Pueblo and don't know how to act in public. 

Didn't feel right to introduce myself after such a tough loss. I'll catch you next time.

ReplyQuote
G8trs
(@g8trs)
Copper
Topic starter  

@gumby_in_co Thanks for coming out. 

#10 is an above average WR. His hands arent the best but he can make things happen if he catches it. He played a fantastic game and made us look silly.

Im not sure what happened but we couldnt get anything going.

Maybe we were tired. We were playing 12 minute qtrs and the game was almost 3 hours long.

Maybe we let off the gas after our last TD. They scored 21 unanswered points in the 4th.

Either one is unacceptable. 

I am embarrassed by our tackling late in the game. Tackle #10 either one of the long TDs we win. Even with the poor tackling we had 2 INTs go through our CBs hands that wouldve sealed it.

Offense couldn't get the job done in the 4th either. We had 3 drives in the 4th qtr to run out the clock or score. 2 stalled because of penalty. The other I had my #2 RB in because my #1 was hurt and he ran sweep instead of power. 

In the end this game is on me. I couldve done more to run clock and prepare our team for these situations. They were not prepared and it showed up late.

I also couldve punted late in the game to force them to drive the field farther for their last TD. It was pretty windy and we punted once all season and it was in week 1. So I decided to run the ball because I wanted the ball in my best players hands running our best play. 

It was a fun game. Our sidelines are packed like that every week. 

Were the Predators sidelines bad? You should've seen them when we beat them a few weeks ago.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: