Contact With Your Players  

RSS

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
March 26, 2020 3:07 pm  

Despite the fact that we can't see our players now, I am still texting them.  Here's a text exchange I had with one of them today:

Me: "What are you doing?"

R: "AP review for 3 hours along with ACT prep.  For conditioning, I'm doing daily running along with doing various exercises with cases of water.

Me: "Do you wear a mask when you run?"

R: "Would you believe me if I said yes?  It's a $300 respirator because my mom is a germ freak."

Me: "Do your parents recognize you when you're wearing a mask?"

R: "Depends on the day."

Me: "I don't want you spooking them.  I'll not have you going around spooking your parents."

R: "Let's make amends to the Runningback Rules and add 'no spooking' to the list."

Me:  "That's a really good idea."

Keep in contact with your kids.  If not in person, then through text/phone/email.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
March 26, 2020 3:21 pm  

Here's another:

J:  "Ive been doing 50 pushups and the workout that Coach R made.  Plus me and my brother put our money together and got a olympic bar from DSG and a few dumbells and we have the pull up dip type thing.  I'm pretty sore right now I've been working out bc my mom has us on quarantine."

Me:  "Do you wear a mask?"

J: "Going to Walmart and stuff yea."

Me: "Does she recognize you when you're wearing the mask?"

J: "Only when I'm wearing it."

Me: "Then you should probably keep it on."

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum
March 28, 2020 10:34 am  

You’re a great guy, Dave. 👍 

ReplyQuote
CoachDavidP
(@fizzlife)
Gold
April 7, 2020 4:30 pm  

That's great stuff Dave. Thanks for sharing.  Our HC had a virtual team meeting using GoToMeeting.  Gave me the opportunity to touch base with my D-Linemen and get the word out that I want their phone numbers.  Got a couple.  So had to get on Twitter and start hunting them down.  Still need a couple but I was able to check in with most of them, make sure them or their families didn't need anything, and ask how their at home workouts (Most just bodyweight stuff) and even send them some early install stuff.  This is a great opportunity to continue to build those relationships.  I was just thinking this past weekend about Your old "coaches call" that you used in your CAL program, as up until this point, it has been mostly texting with my guys.

David (Fizzlife)Extreme Ownership -- Jocko Willink and Leif Babin

ReplyQuote
Share: