Notifications
Clear all

Cost To Play?

robwhitlow
(@robwhitlow)
Bronze
Topic starter  

So we just wrote checks today to cover our teams cost to the org.

This has me wondering what does it cost your team to play within you org?

For us? Two teams and the total was 3845.00

Mind sharing your org cost to play?

If you were supposed to watch your mouth all the time I doubt your eyes would be above it. - Mike Cooley / DBT

Coachschro
(@coachschro)
Bronze

I'm not sure what you are including or who you are paying since it sounds like here things are very different. It costs kids $85 to play and we have 2 teams in our club/org. We pay for officials when we host, other costs include insurance, equipment, etc. Costs $25 to be in our league of around 125 teams and that is just for them making the schedule.

ReplyQuote
robwhitlow
(@robwhitlow)
Bronze
Topic starter  

I'm not sure what you are including or who you are paying since it sounds like here things are very different. It costs kids $85 to play and we have 2 teams in our club/org. We pay for officials when we host, other costs include insurance, equipment, etc. Costs $25 to be in our league of around 125 teams and that is just for them making the schedule.

We are part of an org that includes 11 different teams/orgs from various towns in and around central Texas. Our cost are 85.00 per player than 350.00 per team in sponsor fees. We only field a 7-9 and a 10-12 team. We provide helmets, shoulder pads, game pants and jerseys. The league provides fields, refs, insurance and concessions.

I was asking because I had a couple of parents ask me what the average cost was else where. I know what cost are for local PW, AYF and TYFA orgs, but zero idea what the average is else where in the US.

If you were supposed to watch your mouth all the time I doubt your eyes would be above it. - Mike Cooley / DBT

ReplyQuote
Aodaddy
(@aodaddy)
Copper

It cost $185 per kid to play in our org. We have about 275 kids playing. We also have to fundraise $750 per team for the park.

ReplyQuote
Coach Brad
(@coachbradfromcanada)
Bronze

The kids play $150-$200 to play for our team age levels. We pay nothing to the league (seems like what you are calling the "org" is what we would call the "league"). Host team pays for refs and every org does their own sponsors, insurance, concession, ect.

ReplyQuote
Coachschro
(@coachschro)
Bronze

We are part of an org that includes 11 different teams/orgs from various towns in and around central Texas. Our cost are 85.00 per player than 350.00 per team in sponsor fees. We only field a 7-9 and a 10-12 team. We provide helmets, shoulder pads, game pants and jerseys. The league provides fields, refs, insurance and concessions.

I was asking because I had a couple of parents ask me what the average cost was else where. I know what cost are for local PW, AYF and TYFA orgs, but zero idea what the average is else where in the US.

We are in Kansas... It ranges aroung here greatly though. I know some charge $250, but those are clubs with owners that are money makers...

ReplyQuote
Coach Brad
(@coachbradfromcanada)
Bronze

I spend much of my recruting time telling parents about how cheap football is compared to hockey. Football is $200 plus up to $100 for cleats (but can get them much cheaper 2nd hand). Then they think back to cutting a cheque for their kid to play hockey for $400-$500 and then spendnig another $500-$1000 on pads, skates and equipment!

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond

$200 early bird.  And $245 normal fee. 

We have no field cost.  It was left to the county under the provision that the county charge no more than the upkeep, which is devided amongst all of the many sports that go on there, as well as the county has to pay half.  So it winds up being like $7 a month for us...

I've always wondered why we have to charge the same, or often times more, than teams that do have to pay for their field.  Makes no sense to me. And we have crappy helmets (schutt) ok uniforms, but the kids cant keep them, the jerseys are re-used every year.  I know a lot of orgs. get to keep their jerseys.  And our practice uniforms suck.

It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

$250 per kid. $200(I think) for cheer. We do not fundraise. Years ago we did but it always ended up with coaches and parents writing checks for the kids that don't bother to do it so we stopped that. Bad situation that caused a bunch of resentment. Some of the same parents that didn't have their kids go out and fundraise are, of course, the ones that complained when the cost went up. I have know idea what each association owes Pop Warner. I have heard crazy numbers that are hard to believe.

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond

175 $ they keep the jersey

We do fundraise 100 $ cowplop

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
Prodigy
(@prodigy)
Platinum

So we just wrote checks today to cover our teams cost to the org.

This has me wondering what does it cost your team to play within you org?

For us? Two teams and the total was 3845.00

Mind sharing your org cost to play?

We haven't declared all of our teams yet.  The two teams that we did declare ended up costing us something like $6 or 8 hundred dollars ($600-800) I can't recall exactly.  Each team/squad is $30 nationally and then the insurance is between $200-300 per team.

I guess it all depends on what the going rate for insurance in your area is but it does sound like you're getting taken.  There were other associations in our conference who declared 7+ teams and they paid $2000-3000 for insurance and fees.

If you show up for a fair fight, you are unprepared.

ReplyQuote
spidermac
(@spidermac)
Gold

Our league is newly affiliated with USA football, not sure what that costs the league...but the costs:

$135 for football to the league, that covers a game day jersey the player keeps. The rest of the fees go to league costs, insurance, fields, refs, game film, etc. Then the team can ask for $125 per player for game day pants, socks, practice equipment, etc. So, basically the cost to play is $260, then the player has to provide his own helmet, pads and cleats.

So, a brand new tackle player will be out roughly $500 when you through in the equipment.

None of them suck, they just haven't found what the kid is good at yet.

ReplyQuote
CoachJohn
(@coachj)
Platinum

$200.00 per player and $70.00 in raffle tickets. Price to play includes:
- Home and away jersey with name plate (they keep these at the end of the season)
- Practice pants, game pants and belt
- Shoulder pads and rib guard
- Girdle
- 7 piece pad set
- Helmet, chinstrap and 1 mouth piece.

$150.00 per team and we split the cost of the refs, which I believe is $75.00 a game.

Some Orgs I know of cost between $300.00 to $400.00 on average for travel in/near my area.

"One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity." - Albert Schweitzer

ReplyQuote
joshv155
(@joshv155)
Platinum

$160 per kid and then $300 per team to the league. Not really sure what that goes to......

Kids get a new jersey every year that they get to keep. They are pretty nice. Everything else goes back to the league.

Passio Bellator

ReplyQuote
Share: