Critique my Practice Schedule
I plan to do the same thing every single day. I want it to move fast and be repetitive with one exception.
I have a lot of new coaches this year. I'll spend the first week showing them the basic drills, and then we'll break the kids up into Line / Backs.
Age group 8/9 yr old
We only have 18 kids and 3 assistant coaches, 2 can commit full time.
Warm up: Hand off snake - 10 min
Offensive fundy: 20 min
- Includes Reps of main play and form blocking / sled
Defense fundy: 20 min
- Includes reps of 33 stack blitzing, includes backfield pass read, defensive pursuit
Inside run: 20 min
- Mojo time, we do Okies, 3v3, general tackling drills
Outside Run: 20 min
- Heavy focus on outside tackling and defensive end play, mostly half line drills
Special teams: 10 min
- KO/KR maybe we punt when we're ready
Air - 10 min
Mostly birddog, we will have a "developmental team"
Static stretching / final comments and good news.
Preseason we need to do 3 days of non contact. We'll mostly install the offense and defense.