Dave Cisar WINNING ...

Notifications
Clear all

Dave Cisar WINNING YOUTH FOOTBALL

Page 1 / 2

Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

I'm a youth coach looking to improve my team's practice methods and attitude. Looking into buying Dave's book, and winning attitude DVD. Any reviews?

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Well worth the money and time.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

If you are a new coach especially worth it! I just bought his book this year as this was my first season HC. Best investment I made by far.  I will be picking up the dvd's this off season. Best advice I can offer, if you decide to follow the system in the book (which you should), follow it TO THE LETTER! Do not deviate from the layout. A lot of info just in his book alone. I cannot wait to check out the DVD's

ReplyQuote
objesguy44
(@objesguy44)
Copper

I agree. At the very least, it gives you a very strong idea how to run a team inside and out. Everything from the practice plans, to organization, to the offense and defense is detailed to the tee. Was very helpful, especially for the coach who is limited in practice time and resources. It really isn't in reality that much of a buy to be perfectly frank. I bought an 8 dvd set for 140 bucks and it was nothing but chalkboard talk. That's nice, but it really gave you no insight in terms of organizing a practice, what to install first, how you would install, etc. You really get the idea of what to build upon and when to build it with Dave's materials. Even if you don't want to run the UBSW or Wide Tackle Six, Dave's materials is key for any coach looking to better organize practice time or build an offensive and defensive system with a team.

"A fisherman of shallow seas uses a short line; a fisherman of the deep sea uses a long line. You will only go as far as you aim and prepare yourself to reach."

ReplyQuote
Roden10
(@roden10)
Bronze

At the very least buy the book. Then buy as much as you can afford in dvd's! I bought the book and it has saved me tons of nighmares just in dealing with team management. I haven't been able to get any dvd's yet, but I am 100% certain that they would be worth it.

Tim

If your feet aren't moving, you're not blocking!

ReplyQuote
C-Rob
(@tso1696)
Gold

Well worth the investment.

On-line Youth Football Coaching Clinicshttp://www.coaches-clinic.com/

ReplyQuote
CoachMattC
(@coachmattc)
Gold

There are a handful of really good youth systems out there but Dave's has been tested on grass much more then any of them and that's why it works.  Make the investment and stick to the plan for the whole season.  Don't let yourself or AC's start monkeying around with the practices or schemes.

‎"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." Benjamin Franklin

ReplyQuote
Irishfan
(@irishfan)
Copper

The book is well worth it.  I was a first year coach and we won our championship using his system.  I did not find the two videos very helpful.  They might help if you didnt understand the book.  I have bought a lot of youth coaching book and Dave's was the best.  I loved running the single wing.

ReplyQuote
coachmsl
(@coachmsl)
Bronze

A while back i would have recommended that you buy Daves book.  However, at this time, I cannot. 

Until Dave retracts his negative comments about Kansas City BBQ, I will lie to all who ask about his Book. 

I will tell them that it is unorganized.  I will tell them that it is generalized and doesnt get specific.  I will say that even though i dont run the SW, there are no teachings in this book that has DIRECTLY lead to our team A) Winning Games or B) Improving Character.

Matt

What makes the grass grow?...........BLOOD!

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

This is my second year running his UBSW and we are playing for the Championship this saturday. I have a fifth and sixth grade team 20 man roster with 6 mmp's and this system works.

The best part is not the book or DVD's. It's you can contact him any time via email or phone call. He puts on coaching clinics every year, so if you have a problem or question he is available. He has helped me with several issues and walked me right through it.

ReplyQuote
jrk5150
(@jrk5150)
Diamond

His material is #1 on my offseason wish list this year.  Can't wait to finally dig into it.  I don't even plan to run his stuff, but I am very interested in how he teaches techniques on D and the OL, and his practice methodology.

ReplyQuote
Shamrocks
(@shamrocks)
Gold

I cannot lie, I was not a big fan of the UBSW growing up un the I, neither was my OC, who played college ball in the spread, but the levels above us in our program were using Dave's stuff to a T so we figured we had to in order to make it a smooth transition for the kids moving up next year.

Did we score a million points, no, mainly because it was new to the coaches and players, as our best back never played football before so it took him some time.

BUT, we did dominate the time of possession in most games 75% to 25% or less.  We were just eating the clock up, taking our time down field and scoring, it was insane to watch and see.  It also allowed us to keep our best players on D while getting our MPP in on O, it worked like a charm for us as we finished 9-1.

We will be looking at Dave's more advanced stuff this off season to open it up more as our kids finally got the hang of it.

Great stuff for sure, even if you don't run the UBSW or if you are not a fan of such, the stuff in there is priceless............

ReplyQuote
coachJR
(@coachjr)
Bronze

His material is #1 on my offseason wish list this year.  Can't wait to finally dig into it.  I don't even plan to run his stuff, but I am very interested in how he teaches techniques on D and the OL, and his practice methodology.

^^^This!  Even if you don't run his offense or defense, the practice organization, and teaching methods are well worth the time and money spent.

"Hindsight is 50/50."

Patrick Fain Dye

Coaching HS now.  We run DW from the shotgun spread, and 3-4 Defense.

ReplyQuote
CoachGugs
(@coachgugs)
Bronze

I haven't tried it but after hearing the guys on this site recomend it at every turn it is at the top of my Xmas list.

Grassroots Football League. Montgomery county and Howard county All-star football.
http://www.thegyfl.com/football/

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond

I cannot lie, I was not a big fan of the UBSW growing up un the I, neither was my OC, who played college ball in the spread, but the levels above us in our program were using Dave's stuff to a T so we figured we had to in order to make it a smooth transition for the kids moving up next year.

I think Dave himself would tell you that's not necessary.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: