Does Pop Warner hav...

Notifications
Clear all

Does Pop Warner have any mandates

MiamiHuskers
(@harmony)
Bronze
Topic starter  

for choosing head coaches or is it simply up to the local league? What criteria do they use for choosing in Pop Warner?

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Every org in Pop Warner does it differently.  Pop Warner has no criteria, except that HCs are at least 21 years of age.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
MiamiHuskers
(@harmony)
Bronze
Topic starter  

Every org in Pop Warner does it differently.  Pop Warner has no criteria, except that HCs are at least 21 years of age.

--Dave

So what is the normal criteria then? Background checks? Coaching experience? Credit scores? etc...

ReplyQuote
CRM1241
(@crm1241)
Copper

A background check is done, plus the head coach is required to take a risk management course as well as a coaching course specific to football. In our league this is done after the coach is selected - we don't expect coaches to have these prior to interviewing for the position. The requirements come from national Pop Warner, but they have no rules related to selecting a coach. Associations within the same league likely have differences in their process.

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond

Background check
Football usa cert

Usually head coaches are chosen by the individual orgs.

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
Prodigy
(@prodigy)
Platinum

I could be wrong but I think there's a new requirement that Pop Warner Head Coaches must take the following course:

http://www.popwarnercoaching.com

It's a $20 deal which you can do yourself or the program should pay for the coach to take it.  I actually thought it had some fairly decent information in terms of how to talk to kids/parents etc...things I wish I would have known sooner.

If you show up for a fair fight, you are unprepared.

ReplyQuote
Tripwire
(@tripwire)
Gold

The initial selection is done by the local board members.  Once that is done they have to get approved background check and take the head coach course that is required by Pop Warner.  Thats it.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

ReplyQuote
coachcrikket
(@coachcrikket)
Copper

Background Check
and  their pop warner coaching course,
they dont use USA football Course  anymore

cOACH cRIKKET

ReplyQuote
Share: