Notifications

dude WTF!  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

darthdaddy17
(@darthdaddy17)
Bronze
Joined: 6 years ago
Posts: 398
September 11, 2016 8:21 pm  

So Saturday morning I show up to the warm up field and my current OC has the boys already going through plays. Problem is that its not the single wing, he was running the Maryland-I and offset-I. He was trying to install a brand new offense 90 minutes to game time  >:(. I pulled him aside and asked him what he was doing and he told me we're not going to get anywhere with just our base 6 plays. I told him I understood what he was saying, bit 90 minutes to game time is NOT the time to so it. His reply was, "These kids get it". No they didn't because his new O didn't do anything and the line didn't know who they blocked because they were told to just block the guy in front of them and they were going for holes based on the SW instead which ruined everything. He refused to listen to me and the boys are regressing on offense badly.

Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit. -Vince Lombardi


Quote
joshv155
(@joshv155)
Platinum
Joined: 10 years ago
Posts: 3365
September 11, 2016 8:44 pm  

Are u the HC ? I  never have run the SW but I would have told him I'm calling the offense today and we will talk about this later. Then later I would have told him thanks for coming out and his assistance is no longer needed. Seen that drama play out before. Let him stick around and he will be a cancer.

Passio Bellator


ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 22974
September 11, 2016 9:06 pm  

Whoa Momma....no.

I thought these ass wipes were back in line?

What is beautiful, lives forever.


ReplyQuote
darthdaddy17
(@darthdaddy17)
Bronze
Joined: 6 years ago
Posts: 398
September 11, 2016 11:19 pm  

Yeah, he's done as the OC and I taking it over. He wont be happy bit I thought a person that had his coaching experience would know better than that. My rookie coach called it the first game and we put 25 on the board. The "experienced" coach has only generated 7 points in 2 games so I am going back to what works. I am hoping what he did has not set us too far back.

Mahonz, I thought so too. The other coaches have stepped up and started putting more effort in which is why the defense played absolutely amazing.  I know I should have done what Josh said and pushed him aside, but I had to let him fall on his face so people could see he isn't what they thought he was and I can now take back my team. The RBs didn't like playing for him anyways, they played better for the rookie coach and have said to me they liked Carls(rookie) coaching more.

Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit. -Vince Lombardi


ReplyQuote
DKTurtle
(@dkturtle)
Bronze
Joined: 5 years ago
Posts: 248
September 12, 2016 5:48 am  

Looks like the AC I fired this year made his way to your team.

Practice makes permanent. Perfect practice makes perfect.


ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 4146
September 12, 2016 5:48 am  

Are u the HC ? I  never have run the SW but I would have told him I'm calling the offense today and we will talk about this later. Then later I would have told him thanks for coming out and his assistance is no longer needed. Seen that drama play out before. Let him stick around and he will be a cancer.

100%

Darth man, this cannot be allowed to pass.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.


ReplyQuote
32wedge
(@32wedge)
Silver Moderator
Joined: 10 years ago
Posts: 695
Virginia
Middle School
Only / Head Coach
September 12, 2016 6:06 am  

he told me we're not going to get anywhere with just our base 6 plays.

You don't need all 6.  Power, Wedge, Counter and roll on.


ReplyQuote
joshv155
(@joshv155)
Platinum
Joined: 10 years ago
Posts: 3365
September 12, 2016 6:28 am  

Mahonz, I thought so too. The other coaches have stepped up and started putting more effort in which is why the defense played absolutely amazing. I know I should have done what Josh said and pushed him aside, but I had to let him fall on his face so people could see he isn't what they thought he was and I can now take back my team. The RBs didn't like playing for him anyways, they played better for the rookie coach and have said to me they liked Carls(rookie) coaching more.

Been there done that. I had two straight season with two different AC's that had their own agenda. One season I really didn't pick up on it until after we lost the championship to a team we had beaten 28-0 earlier in the season. It was my fault for not seeing it as it was subtle. Long story short he changed the defense into something that was not even close to what had been working and it killed us. Second guy was blatant about his attempts to overthrow the world and be the HC. This was his first year ever coaching football but he had all sorts of great ideas.  :'( We lost in the championship that year by 1 point. Now I don't blame him for that as he did not have enough influence to change what we were doing. That loss was on me. Bad coaching in the championship game. But the energy I had to expend to try and keep this guy in line, being polite about it, drained me that season. I since have become much more of an a-hole for the sake of the team. These kids deserve our best and look to us for guidance. I could care less about showing the parents or another coach whose team it is. It's the kids team and they deserve the coaches who will put them in the best spot to win.

So I learned from experience. I am blessed with an amazing staff this season. These dudes just get it. Three of them have kids on the team but all are un-biased and want what is best for the team as a whole. I hope you get rid of this guy and get your season back on track for your kids sake !

Passio Bellator


ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Joined: 10 years ago
Posts: 17390
North Carolina
High School
September 12, 2016 6:32 am  

So Saturday morning I show up to the warm up field and my current OC has the boys already going through plays.

Why weren't you the first one there?

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope


ReplyQuote
GP
 GP
(@gpenn44)
Gold
Joined: 8 years ago
Posts: 1670
September 12, 2016 7:18 am  

He "refused to listen?" Are you not the Head Coach?

"Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated." - Lou Holtz


ReplyQuote
CoachOCD
(@coachocd)
Platinum
Joined: 8 years ago
Posts: 4144
September 12, 2016 8:06 am  

there is a 99% chance this coach is mutinous & a cancer
-he will continue to question, doubt and undermine you
-he will get the kids thinking the same thing - wont stop in fact will try to get others "seeing things his way" = eg the cancer

ONLY 1% of cancer, if identified soon enough, can be talked to and will be taken care of and becomes a team player, there can be NO 2nd chance...THE OTHER 99% WILL BE Varying DEGREES OF BAD. they will get players discouraged with you, parents....they will try and bring down the whole of your team (cancer) THEY CAN ONLY BE DEALT WITH BY CUTTING THEM OUT COMPLETELY


ReplyQuote
J. Potter (seabass)
(@seabass)
Gold
Joined: 6 years ago
Posts: 1248
September 12, 2016 10:04 am  

Why weren't you the first one there?

--Dave

What Dave said and a WHOLE bunch of other stuff. Dude, you have about 2 seconds to reaffirm yourself as the leader of this team or you are TOAST! You probably already are toast but if you have any shred of hope you gotta get control yesterday!

I don't know what went wrong but somewhere along the way somebody got the impression that you don't have control of your team and they are filling that perceived void.

Don't take this the wrong way...you seem like a really nice dude.... but it seems pretty clear that right, wrong, or indifferent, your AC has zero respect for you.


ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 22974
September 12, 2016 10:13 am  

Why weren't you the first one there?

--Dave

Me thinks this was part of the coup. He showed up 90 minutes early to find players and coaches already there...."practicing".  >:(

What is beautiful, lives forever.


ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite
Joined: 11 years ago
Posts: 12890
September 12, 2016 10:23 am  

I told him I understood what he was saying, bit 90 minutes to game time is NOT the time to so it.

Good call.

his new O didn't do anything

Wait, what the hell?

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.


ReplyQuote
GP
 GP
(@gpenn44)
Gold
Joined: 8 years ago
Posts: 1670
September 12, 2016 10:59 am  

Wonder what Nick Saban would've done in this situation...

"Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated." - Lou Holtz


ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: