Notifications
Clear all

Final Stats

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

So I've spent the last two years as the RB coach at MCHS.  I told the header when I was hired that one thing I could promise was that we would set a team record for fewest fumbles in a season.  Here's how our RBs fared this year:

RB 1: 122 carries 0 Fumbles

RB 2: 13 carries 0 Fumbles

RB 3: 6 carries 0 Fumbles

RB 4: 2 carries 0 Fumbles

RB 5: 2 carries 0 Fumbles

RB 6: 3 carries 2 Fumbles

RB 6 came into the season as the projected starter, but injured his thumb in the pre-season that required a cast.  He fumbled twice while wearing the cast, then injured his shoulder and was out for the season.  Regardless, the 2 fumbles in 148 carries was a new all-time low for my teams, where turnovers and turnover ratio has been such a big part of my coaching philosophy.  The real proud moment was that our RB 1 was selected as the Conference Offensive Player of the Year in a Spread/AirRaid offense.  His numbers:  122 carries, 747 yards, 6.1 avg., 11 TDs.  He caught one pass.

The AirRaid is a poor offense for featuring the run game.  However, Coach Williams and I have taken an aggressive approach to incorporating our (Double Wing) philosophy, so that defenses would have to honor the run and the pass.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

Share: