First late game for...

Notifications
Clear all

First late game for my boys ever, how to prepare?

Shamrocks
(@shamrocks)
Gold
Topic starter  

We have alwqys played on Sundays or some programs have lights and we may play at 6:00 but this Saturday we are away and our game starts at 8:30!  In this league many times the start time gets pushed back due to the games before and so on, so I figured kickoff would be closer to 9.

That is very late for my boys who I am sure will be running around all day, eating God knows what and so on. 

How do you prepare yourself for such a late game?
How do you prepare the kids for such a late game?
How do you get the parnets to understand how important proper rest and meals all day are vital?

mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

We have alwqys played on Sundays or some programs have lights and we may play at 6:00 but this Saturday we are away and our game starts at 8:30!  In this league many times the start time gets pushed back due to the games before and so on, so I figured kickoff would be closer to 9.

That is very late for my boys who I am sure will be running around all day, eating God knows what and so on. 

How do you prepare yourself for such a late game?
How do you prepare the kids for such a late game?
How do you get the parnets to understand how important proper rest and meals all day are vital?

S

Tell them all to let their parents know that they have your permission to lounge around all day and do nothing but play video games and watch CFB. Then you expect them to do their weekend chores without any back talk on Sunday.

No bikes....no friends over....no going to the batting cages for fun....etc.

Late games stink. We play at 7:30 Friday Night....9 year olds that have to go to school all day then play football late into the evening. Dumb. We will insist when they all get home from school to take a Power Nap. Half the team has some after school carnival going on so they will all be toast by KO.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Shamrocks
(@shamrocks)
Gold
Topic starter  

S

Tell them all to let their parents know that they have your permission to lounge around all day and do nothing but play video games and watch CFB. Then you expect them to do their weekend chores without any back talk on Sunday.

No bikes....no friends over....no going to the batting cages for fun....etc.

Late games stink. We play at 7:30 Friday Night....9 year olds that have to go to school all day then play football late into the evening. Dumb. We will insist when they all get home from school to take a Power Nap. Half the team has some after school carnival going on so they will all be toast by KO.

That is my fear, I was thinking about having a team nap at my house around 4:30 or so, some milk, cookies and LIGHTS OUT!!!

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

That is my fear, I was thinking about having a team nap at my house around 4:30 or so, some milk, cookies and LIGHTS OUT!!!

S

Not a bad idea.  😉

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Share: