Notifications
Clear all

Game 1

Page 2 / 2

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Varsity lost 13-10.  Opponent scored a touchdown with 1:46 remaining in the game.  We led 10-0 at half but should have been up 17-0.  In the 1st Quarter, had a 2nd & Goal at the opponent's 1-yard line and didn't score.  We tried a Beast-look with wide splits.  Defense rushed through the gaps and stopped it in the backfield.  Twice.  On 4th Down we ran a Sweep and they strung it out for a loss.  Game was lost right there.  I just have to shake my head sometimes...  On a brighter note, I had my 3rd practice as the sole coach working with the JV.  Hate our scheme, but we're running the heck out of Trap right now.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Seth54
(@seth54)
Bronze

@coachdp

What scheme are you running?

ReplyQuote
Coach TonyM
(@ramoody)
Gold

@coachdp we had our first game Wednesday February 24th.  It was originally scheduled for Thursday the 25th, but expected snowstorm on Friday so they moved varsity game up a day and pushed us up a day.  Athletic Director called and asked if I was good with it and I said ,"No, but I will deal with it."  12 practices and a game, we dominated winning 32 to 6.  Still crazy wrapping my head about playing now.  We have a 6 game schedule, but at least the kids get to play.   Circle of Death with no water bottles or heat? It has not been as effective as it normally is.  Game 2 for us is Thursday. Face your awful Double Wing DP. 

This post was modified 7 months ago by Coach TonyM

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  
Posted by: @seth54  

What scheme are you running?

Air Raid.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  
Posted by: @ramoody

Circle of Death with no water bottles or heat? It has not been as effective as it normally is.

Since there's no water (and less effectiveness), I'd get rid of the "rest-break for water" drills like bicycles or windmills.  Maybe even 3-point stance.  Their purpose is primarily to get them to hold still so that you can get water into them.  Ratchet up the active drills.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
bdjackson
(@bdjackson)
Bronze

Posted by: @coachdp
Posted by: @ramoody

Circle of Death with no water bottles or heat? It has not been as effective as it normally is.

Since there's no water (and less effectiveness), I'd get rid of the "rest-break for water" drills like bicycles or windmills.  Maybe even 3-point stance.  Their purpose is primarily to get them to hold still so that you can get water into them.  Ratchet up the active drills.

--Dave

This is what has worked the best for us as well. Three fast and one static at 30 second intervals. 

Being Capable, first begins with being Confident.

ReplyQuote
patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum

My youngest started his senior year of football last week. First game in a couple of weeks. Not sure what it will look like. I hope that we can be at the games, but it is still unknown.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: