Notifications
Clear all

Happy Thanksgiving!

Page 1 / 2

MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

May this day find you all healthy & happy!

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond

May this day find you all healthy & happy!

And to you as well. 

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

S

My dear friend to you especially this day! My prayers are with you.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
bayoubengal
(@bayoubengal)
Bronze

Happy Thanksgiving gentlemen! And I use that term loosely lol

ReplyQuote
angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum

Happy Thanksgiving

The greatest accomplishment is not in never failing, but in rising again after you fail.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Happy Thanksgiving !

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
coacho
(@coacho)
Silver

Happy Thanksgiving Coaches and families! Enjoy the day!

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

What are you cooking Joe? I am at the in laws so no cooking for me. I know they are doing 2 birds. One roasted, one deep fried.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Rob

Small this year. Goat Cheese roasted garlic spread, Pigs in the blanket, Sweet Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes, Asparagrass, Brussel Sprouts, Dressing, Dry Brined Turkey, & Red Wine Poached pears.

Enjoy and say hello to all.

Joe

ReplyQuote
Coach E
(@coache)
Gold

Rob

Small this year. Goat Cheese roasted garlic spread, Pigs in the blanket, Sweet Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes, Asparagrass, Brussel Sprouts, Dressing, Dry Brined Turkey, & Red Wine Poached pears.

Enjoy and say hello to all.

Joe

I want to hear about that dry brined turkey. I soaked mine overnight in water with kosher salt, peppercorns, bay leaves and a little All Spice. First time using a gas convection oven...over cooked. 🙁

Flavor was good, though.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.- Marcus Aurelius

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

E

I always used a wet brine, this time I tried a dry brine & came very good.

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/dry-rubbed-roast-turkey

Joe

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

One of the best things I ever learned about ccoking was dry brining. Simply salting meat the day before (man what that does for a rib eye) was a revelation. One of the top 5 or 6 things that really improved my cooking. Never tried it with turkey though. Still in love with wet brines for birds.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Rob

While it came good, I prefer the wet one.

Joe

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond

If I'm cooking the Bird, its deep fried.  Injection is different every year.  Creole Butter, Apple Juice and Cinnamon,  Garlic Butter, Strained Italian Dressing, Raspberry Vinaigrette.  So many different flavor Combinations.  Love Caramelized Brussel Sprouts with Bacon.  Never a Dry or over cooked bird with a Deep Fryer.  Just Sayin

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

If I'm cooking the Bird, its deep fried.  Injection is different every year.  Creole Butter, Apple Juice and Cinnamon,  Garlic Butter, Strained Italian Dressing, Raspberry Vinaigrette.  So many different flavor Combinations.  Love Caramelized Brussel Sprouts with Bacon.  Never a Dry or over cooked bird with a Deep Fryer.  Just Sayin

Frying a turkey works best when you put the bird in frozen. It just explodes with flavor.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: