Have you met with y...

Notifications
Clear all

Have you met with your coaching staff to prepare for next season yet?

Page 1 / 3

Shamrocks
(@shamrocks)
Gold
Topic starter  

And if so, what did you guys dicuss and acomplish?

spidermac
(@spidermac)
Gold

Not yet 🙂

Meeting next weekend at Jack's DW clinic...

Although we have been corresponding via email and we have been talking about some special teams and some defense....

None of them suck, they just haven't found what the kid is good at yet.

ReplyQuote
angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum

Yes we have once this year. We went over things we thought we did wrong. Talked about changes to be made for practice. Also what we are going to do at our spring practices.

The greatest accomplishment is not in never failing, but in rising again after you fail.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond

Shamrocks

Youth Football I would have had several meetings by this time of year. We would have reviewed the previous season, reviewed sign ups, set up coaching duties. I also would have gone over our schemes in details, looked for input on any changes we were considering for the up coming season.

I was lucky, my staff would attend meetings twice a month at my home during the off season. DC has already stated how fortunate I was to have a staff that was so committed & willing to work year round. Most seasons we had very few returners, so often we had to figure out where our next crop of athletes was coming from.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Youth Football I would have had several meetings by this time of year. We would have reviewed the previous season, reviewed sign ups, set up coaching duties. I also would have gone over our schemes in details, looked for input on any changes we were considering for the up coming season.

I was lucky, my staff would attend meetings twice a month at my home during the off season. DC has already stated how fortunate I was to have a staff that was so committed & willing to work year round.

That was our model.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond

DP

Our Thursday night meetings were a blast. Coffee, desert, & drawing plays on the windows. We didn't get 100% attendance but it was usually around 80%, so I would tailor what we spoke about for who was there. It's funny I hear more from my friends & coaches in NC then I do from the guys here in Florida.

If nothing else, the meetings had us be able to communicate in the same language, once we were on the field there was no confusion. We took great care to learn how everything actually worked, & what to do if it didn't.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
Coach_O
(@rob_coach_o)
Gold

We are together year round, we coach basketball, passing league , than football together.

Helmet Decals
http://Facebook.com/SportsLiveDecals

ReplyQuote
DREagle
(@coyouthcoach)
Silver

We are all coaching baseball together right now.  We will have a formal sit down soon so I can review some changes with them and get them mentally prepared to help input Coach Potter's mojo/aggression program.

Bring the PAIN!

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

We will have a formal sit down soon so I can review some changes with them and get them mentally prepared to help input Coach Potter's mojo/aggression program.

You should put me on speaker phone...

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
DANGERZONE
(@dangerzone)
Bronze

My coaching staff has had 2 or 3 times where we met up already discussed recruitment. Watched last years championship game ( lost 24-14) and discussed some things we will be adding this year. Our program as a whole had met once and will once a month until the season starts Sat morning 11-1 meeting room in our public library. We developed an action plan as to what to go over for the new coaches each month.  Next month is blocking rules and techniques

‎"I make my practices real hard ........because if a player is a quitter.....I want him to quit in practice, not in a game."
Bear Bryant / Alabama

"It's amazing what you can accomplish if enough people care" Lou Holtz

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Our program as a whole had met once and will once a month until the season starts Sat morning 11-1 meeting room in our public library.

Public libraries are great places to meet.  But you usually don't have the food & drink option.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachBrian
(@coachbrian)
Gold

We haven't met yet but have talked through email about some things.  We're planning on getting together next week for the first time.  We'll get together once in May and then starting in June pretty much once a week.  I still have to fill a position from a coach that moved to a different part of the country after last season.

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond

Coaching Staff??  I meet with myself a lot  🙁

I have 2 dads who "Assist" but job contraints mean they arent always available.  Me thinks we are going to have to "Divy up"  the coaches from the higher levels to get me at least one true assistant.

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Coaching Staff??  I meet with myself a lot  🙁

S

Curious. What do you discuss?  😛

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Curious. What do you discuss?

Mike, you know Scott...I'll bet he likes to argue.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: