Notifications

High School Fundraisers  

RSS

JustPlay
(@rjbthor)
Silver
July 8, 2020 10:59 am  

This is for high school coaches.

Seems to me there are major differences in program funding from school to school. One program has a large benefactor the other school can not afford helmets. So to make of for these shortages for the poorer school they use a fundraiser to raise capital. I have seen a few ideas on here about ways to raise money, but I am looking for net dollars. Last year we did discount cards and raised 20K. There was little effort besides asking businesses for support. I think this is an effective fundraiser. Any other fundraisers you think are effective? I would like to start a fundraiser that runs more like a tradition vs a one off. 

Hope you are all ok. Anybody check on DOF? He is our most senior on here? 

nothing replaces effort. nothing replaces the mind. One with out the other is a waste of time.

Topic Tags
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
July 8, 2020 12:22 pm  

Here's something we did in my hockey org. King Soopers (Krogers) gift cards. We had an arrangement to buy $100 gift cards from the local grocery store.  These could only be used at the grocery store.  The hockey org got 10% back.  The selling point is that people have to buy groceries anyway, so why not do it in a way that benefits the org.  The challenge is that someone has to manage it. They have to take orders for the cards, collect money, purchase and distribute the gift cards.  This goes on over a season, so the potential to raise money is there. 

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
JustPlay
(@rjbthor)
Silver
July 17, 2020 1:22 pm  

This is a great idea. We have a Kroger around here.

nothing replaces effort. nothing replaces the mind. One with out the other is a waste of time.

ReplyQuote
JustPlay
(@rjbthor)
Silver
July 23, 2020 9:12 pm  

We completed a golf outing fundraiser. Lots of effort for about 2K. Not sure its worth all the time. 30 parents staffed for 6 hours. 4 players at each hole thanking the participants.

ReplyQuote
Share: