Huddle on Coach?

Notifications

Huddle on Coach?  

RSS

Coach Kyle2
(@coach-kyle2)
Copper
February 15, 2020 8:47 pm  

Hypothetically speaking, why couldn't a team huddle on their coach? I'm thinking about teaching some unorthodox plays to a B team to get them their plays. I'll probably sub in 10 kids and leave in the best player. I'm thinking I have them huddle on me for those plays, and we just show them a power point slide of the play we're going to run next. This way they all remember exactly what we practiced, and they're all more comfortable. It also gives the defense some interesting looks that will hopefully screw with them a little bit. 

For example, I'm thinking we run a wedge play with 9 kids lined up on the line. Then we run something like a 5 wide formation and do a QB sneak. Then a beast play. 

What I especially like about this format is that we can do things like lining up the best player to receive a reverse, while on the next play he's the QB and he takes a direct snap to run a sweep. 

I guess another tactic could be to have someone run out with a play, show it to them... and then that player leaves the huddle before they break it so there's not 12 players on the field.

gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
February 16, 2020 3:42 pm  

I'd have to dig in the rules, but I don't think your players can go outside the numbers. Something about illegal participation or illegal substitution. I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to have 12 in the huddle, even if 1 leaves before it breaks.

Last season, I would go try to yell calls to my players and would have to go on the field so they could hear me or distinguish my yelling from everyone else's yelling. Anyway, one game a ref told me he'd eject me if I stepped on HIS field one more time. Other refs have told me not to cross the numbers. I get the sense that some white hats would get pissed off if you did something like that because it slows the game down and they want to go home. 

Our approach has always been to call the plays from the sideline in a language only we understand.

If you want to screw with the defense, work on shifting into and out of vastly different formations. We call it "dancing". We'll line up in Beast, for example, the QB starts making or repeating calls, then yells "DANCE!" and we shift into 5 wide empty. I think screwing with the defense using the sideline and huddles is the idea they are trying to prevent with the participation/substitution rules.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
February 16, 2020 4:12 pm  
Posted by: @coach-kyle2

Hypothetically speaking, why couldn't a team huddle on their coach? I'm thinking about teaching some unorthodox plays to a B team to get them their plays. I'll probably sub in 10 kids and leave in the best player. I'm thinking I have them huddle on me for those plays, and we just show them a power point slide of the play we're going to run next. This way they all remember exactly what we practiced, and they're all more comfortable. It also gives the defense some interesting looks that will hopefully screw with them a little bit. 

For example, I'm thinking we run a wedge play with 9 kids lined up on the line. Then we run something like a 5 wide formation and do a QB sneak. Then a beast play. 

What I especially like about this format is that we can do things like lining up the best player to receive a reverse, while on the next play he's the QB and he takes a direct snap to run a sweep. 

I guess another tactic could be to have someone run out with a play, show it to them... and then that player leaves the huddle before they break it so there's not 12 players on the field.

That would probably get flagged. There is a Rule that all players must break the huddle within a certain distance of the football. This does away with breaking with 10 and the 11th mysteriously steps out one yard onto the field unnoticed. Not sure what going no huddle does for this Rule. Now....there is nothing that says you must huddle on the field of play that I have seen but you would have coaches box issues. You'd have to take the field "on side" would be my thinking. Cant come running onto the field as unit from behind the Defense. That probably wouldn't fly. 

PS....if the post is from the Original Coach Kyle....you can log onto your original account by simply going thru the process of changing your password at login. Really need to get this fixed Chris. I get too many emails on this. 

This post was modified 5 months ago 2 times by mahonz

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Coach Kyle2
(@coach-kyle2)
Copper
February 16, 2020 5:05 pm  

@mahonz Yeah it's me. Long time no see.

Also I have no idea what email I used when I made my original account... I think it may be a deleted yahoo account.

This post was modified 5 months ago by Coach Kyle2

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
February 16, 2020 8:54 pm  
Posted by: @coach-kyle2

@mahonz Yeah it's me. Long time no see.

Also I have no idea what email I used when I made my original account... I think it may be a deleted yahoo account.

PM Mosley the Cat ( Chris ) I am no longer an administrator. He will hook you up if he can. 

Great to hear from you. Hope all is well !

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Coach Kyle2
(@coach-kyle2)
Copper
February 16, 2020 9:00 pm  

@mahonz

Yeah, things are good. I'm feeling an itch... maybe I'll scratch it. 

mahonz liked
ReplyQuote
Share: