Clear all

I might be sick...

Page 1 / 3

spidermac
(@spidermac)
Gold
Topic starter  

Or excited...

I have our first 9 practices scripted already, of course I know that they are subject to change if something weird happens...

I have two different defenses ready to roll (I want to run the KB, but not sure I have all the pieces, so I have a second one just in case).

I have my offensive play book ready to roll...I drew every possible iteration of the plays from our multiple formations...meeting with the OC tomorrow night to see what we think we want to run, i.e., do we want to run counter out of a single back set, which turns it into QB counter? Or only out of two back sets?

Saturday, have a coaches meeting to make sure all the coaches are on the same page...and understand what we are trying to teach.

17 days, 18 hours, 11 minutes to the first practice 🙂

None of them suck, they just haven't found what the kid is good at yet.

Coach E
(@coache)
Gold

What's your backup D?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.- Marcus Aurelius

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Or excited...

I have our first 9 practices scripted already, of course I know that they are subject to change if something weird happens...

I have two different defenses ready to roll (I want to run the KB, but not sure I have all the pieces, so I have a second one just in case).

I have my offensive play book ready to roll...I drew every possible iteration of the plays from our multiple formations...meeting with the OC tomorrow night to see what we think we want to run, i.e., do we want to run counter out of a single back set, which turns it into QB counter? Or only out of two back sets?

Saturday, have a coaches meeting to make sure all the coaches are on the same page...and understand what we are trying to teach.

17 days, 18 hours, 11 minutes to the first practice 🙂

Hey Chris....you forgot some very important !...

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
spidermac
(@spidermac)
Gold
Topic starter  

What's your backup D?

Jack's 63

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

Jack's 63

You could easily run both defenses. Not a huge amount of difference between the 2.

ReplyQuote
spidermac
(@spidermac)
Gold
Topic starter  

You could easily run both defenses. Not a huge amount of difference between the 2.

Actually, meeting with the DC tonight to discuss just that 🙂

ReplyQuote
Coach E
(@coache)
Gold

Jack's 63

I'm looking at using JJ's 33 Stack Attack as my backup. Not sure what I'll be doing as I have yet to even meet any of the players.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.- Marcus Aurelius

ReplyQuote
spidermac
(@spidermac)
Gold
Topic starter  

I'm looking at using JJ's 33 Stack Attack as my backup. Not sure what I'll be doing as I have yet to even meet any of the players.

JJ's is a good defense to run with any skill set... We actually ran that up until last season...we found ourselves having to make too many in game adjustments...saw too many teams running "weird" stuff...so we attempted to run the KB last season, was missing one piece, think we have the piece now, so going to give it a whirl maybe...we like the aggression of the 63...but, big plays can come from the aggression, the KB seems less aggressive, but, less likely to give up the big play...one of the reasons we are entertaining the idea of using them both.

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

Actually, meeting with the DC tonight to discuss just that 🙂

I ran both when I coached PW Unlimited. We had no size, no athletes and when we weren't severely overmatched, we shut people down. By shutting down, I mean we gave up less than a TD per quarter. For our 18 man, undersized team that was pretty decent.

ReplyQuote
spidermac
(@spidermac)
Gold
Topic starter  

So I met with my OC and my DC last night...

Without hesitation, they both wanted to run both defenses...assuming of course we had the dogs to run the KB...if we don't, we are just running the 63...

We also went through the offensive playbook and the possibilities...pared that down to what we liked, left a couple of maybes, wait to see it on grass...

Meeting with the rest of the staff on Saturday...

Oh, and Fedx says the helmets from paint and recon should be here by today or tomorrow 🙂

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

I would say what I have found the biggest difference between the 2 defenses is if you have 2 Reapers. If you have 2 Reapers, you can run the KB no problem. My 2 DTs were the 2 smallest kids in the league and they held their own by shooting the gaps and bear crawling when needed.

ReplyQuote
CoachBrian
(@coachbrian)
Gold

So I met with my OC and my DC last night...

Without hesitation, they both wanted to run both defenses...assuming of course we had the dogs to run the KB...

IMO, if you don't have the dogs to run the KB then you don't have the dogs to run any defense very well.  You're 11 best players should always go to defense, then you figure out the offense.  Offense wins you games, but defense wins you championships.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

What is the best way you've found to win championships without winning games?

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond

What is the best way you've found to win championships without winning games?

Still Bored?  How is your squad doing this year?

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

I haven't picked one yet.

I figured you had the market for cliches cornered on here, but not so much, apparently.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: