I was asked to help...

Notifications

I was asked to help, but.........  

RSS

angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum
July 27, 2019 5:32 am  

I was called by one of my former players dad. He said that she, yes a girl, has a eating disorder. She has lost 27 pounds in a couple months. She weighed 120lbs and now is 95. They are getting her help currently. He said all she talks about is how she misses football and her team. So that is why he reached out to me. I told him that I would love to help, but that is out of my realm expertise. So I told him that I could have her help me coach this year. Maybe she would open up about whatever is going on. I'm going to try and reach her through the team. I hope I can help. Has anyone dealt with this kind of thing? What is the best approach for me?

The greatest accomplishment is not in never failing, but in rising again after you fail.

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
July 27, 2019 4:02 pm  

I told him that I would love to help, but that is out of my realm expertise.

--What is out of your realm?

Maybe she would open up about whatever is going on.

--What's going on?  She said she misses football.  Sounds pretty clear.

Has anyone dealt with this kind of thing?

--What kind of thing?

What is the best approach for me?

--No idea.  What are you talking about?

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum
July 27, 2019 5:08 pm  

An eating disorder. That is something that I know nothing about, nor how to approach it.

The greatest accomplishment is not in never failing, but in rising again after you fail.

ReplyQuote
angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum
July 27, 2019 5:11 pm  

He wants me to help with the eating disorder. Maybe just letting her help coach will help, I don't know. Guess all I can do is try.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
July 27, 2019 5:17 pm  

An eating disorder. That is something that I know nothing about, nor how to approach it.

Know when to stay in your lane.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum
July 27, 2019 6:06 pm  

Know when to stay in your lane.

--Dave

Thanks Coach, exactly my first thought. You never want to see one of your kids suffer, but I know my limitations. Hope just being around football will have positive effect.

ReplyQuote
angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum
July 27, 2019 6:07 pm  

Plus one of her old teammates will be there too.

ReplyQuote
Share: