Improving Numbers- ...

Notifications
Clear all

Improving Numbers- Drip Campaigns

davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Today there are lots of parents who for whatever reason just dont get their kids signed up
Is it concussions, time constraints, family issues, money, job changes? Who knows. It can be anything
When someone says no- for us that means no right now- not no forever

DONT GIVE UP on those people
We have people that call or email us and never sign up
The 100% scholarship kids- about 1/3 of those never show up on day 1, no skin in the game- other issues etc

DONT stop communicating with these people

I have a separate list for these people
Certain emails I send my parents- I send to these people. Celebrating certain succeses or events etc
Also since many of these people dont check our facebook page, when we have something that may be of interest to a fence sitter- we include a one paragraph email to these people and a link to the facebook post

WE DONT EVEN HAVE A WEB SITE  ;D ;D Dont have the time for it- Facebook is easy and free.

If you have a marketing person in your fold, they could put together a 'drip campaign" which is just a series of newsletters that is dropped into an email address in a certain order and day sequence, YOu can also drop new ones anytime you want and you can segment. The program tells you who opened.  Mail chimp is free for a certain number of users and constant contact is very cheap.  I dont use either for football, I just send out a different email to those on that list.

I had several parents sign up this year who had been on the list or friends with someone on that list who referred them- 3 years on the list.
Why do they sign up? Because things change and kids bug mom about wanting to play sometimes.
Do they all get opened? Nope
But these emails are free and they take less than 5 minutes to construct

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.Winston Churchill

GP
 GP
(@gpenn44)
Gold

This is about the lowest effort way to get kids in but for some reason, guys refuse to do it.

Already picked up a kid this morning doing this. Every year we get a few this way - guys who previously couldn't / wouldn't commit for various reasons.

I keep a running "maybe" list and periodically circle back to it. Usually once in early Aug (now) then again right before league cert if we still need kids.

Sometimes there are legit changes in circumstances. Sometimes obv there are kids who now that game time is near all of a sudden have a change of heart.

In a perfect world we'd have a full roster in Jan and wouldn't have to add any "August gamers." Until then - drip, drip...

"Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated." - Lou Holtz

ReplyQuote
davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Correct and in the meantime you develop more credibility if you put them in drip instead of just calling them in July
People’s circumstances change

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.Winston Churchill

ReplyQuote
Share: