Iowa Coach Corporal...

Notifications
Clear all

Iowa Coach Corporal Punishment

Prodigy
(@prodigy)
Platinum
Topic starter  

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/iowa-coach-accused-corporal-punishment-forcing-player-run-154701889.html

WTF?!!!

If you show up for a fair fight, you are unprepared.

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

WTF?!!!

PoA (Pussification of America)

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDoc
(@collin)
Bronze

WTF*2.  Also, I found it funny the most negative statement was from the friggen girls athletic head.  My sister had to even run laps when she played soccer.  I guess forcing my kids to run cross country is corporal punishment.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond

Ok, so I must be outdated & evil. We not only run laps & up downs, but also watch grades & hand out punishment for any grades under a B. Florida still had corporal punishment on the books back in 2000, I knew a HS who actually used a paddle for things like being late, or forgetting equipment. It made the papers, & became an issue, he wasn't fired though.

There is a thin line between abuse & disipline. Teen age males crave disipline, it makes the maturation process work. I don't understand the thinking that modern educators have, isn't the goal the same? Aren't we trying to prepare these boys for life?

One thing about football, it's the last work ethic sport left. You can be as talented as anything, but without work & team work success doesn't happen. I find it sad that people don't see the value of what we do.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
coachtut
(@coachtut)
Bronze

--Dave

As Dave would say....... -this

Coach Tut

ReplyQuote
DL
 DL
(@daniel-lyons)
Platinum

1k + comments almost all saying the policy is ridiculous.

American people don't suck so much, it's just the people we let be in charge that are ruining everything. 

Put stuff like that to a referendum and it dies in flames. 

ReplyQuote
Roden10
(@roden10)
Bronze

Wow!

Tim

If your feet aren't moving, you're not blocking!

ReplyQuote
bigshel
(@bigshel)
Gold

Effin' ridiculous.

ReplyQuote
Coach Perry
(@ajpcmm)
Bronze

--Dave

I do believe you hit the nail on the head with that one!
I am sick of the cotton gloves, everyone is equal, they are all winners - attitude... It's just not real. They are setting up today's youth for failure, and then when they fail we will read about them blowing their heads off or someone else's because they just couldn't cope.

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth."
-Mike Tyson-

ReplyQuote
Share: