Irony and Absurdity

Notifications
Clear all

Irony and Absurdity

Page 2 / 6

gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum

--That was my thought, as well.  But our S&C guy would be exclusively for the O-Line.  How many schools out there have that luxury?

In my line of work (Information Technology), I see a lot of people who really like to "one task". "This is all I do, so don't ask me to do anything else. Also, I better not catch anyone else doing what I do". These folks tend to be on the south side of mediocre. I don't know one thing about the S&C coach at that HS, but maybe he's happy to be mediocre and doesn't want someone pissing on his trees and maybe showing him up. The AD and HC might also think enough about his guy as a "good ole boy" that they give him what he wants.

Just a guess.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

But it's always the 2-8 guys with the issues. That's why they're 2-8. The guys that are winning are aware of how different good programs can be from each other. The 2-8 guys always think the 9-1 guys are just making their cuts slightly deeper or shallower, or are doing high-kicks after shuffling in the warm-up rather than before. 

It's like Mahonz with De La Salle. He has his reasons for why they beat Mullin or whoever it was, and there is no way he actually wants to know. And if you tell him, it has absolutely no impact whatsoever. He literally cannot comprehend it. He can only understand teams being slightly better at what he is trying to do, or at what he imagines Mullin is trying to do. The things that are actually making a difference are literally beyond his imagining.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum

But it's always the 2-8 guys with the issues. That's why they're 2-8. The guys that are winning are aware of how different good programs can be from each other. The 2-8 guys always think the 9-1 guys are just making their cuts slightly deeper or shallower, or are doing high-kicks after shuffling in the warm-up rather than before. 

It's like Mahonz with De La Salle. He has his reasons for why they beat Mullin or whoever it was, and there is no way he actually wants to know. And if you tell him, it has absolutely no impact whatsoever. He literally cannot comprehend it. He can only understand teams being slightly better at what he is trying to do, or at what he imagines Mullin is trying to do. The things that are actually making a difference are literally beyond his imagining.

Been awhile since Mahonz has gone 2-8 and give the run of our last team over about a dozen seasons, he must comprehend something.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

Yeah, he has his niche. I'm still laughing about the video he showed of the team with "perfect technique." Good times.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Yeah, he has his niche. I'm still laughing about the video he showed of the team with "perfect technique." Good times.

Wait...what? How did I get drug unto this conversation. I have never posted anything on perfect anything because I dont believe it exists. You must have me confused with someone else.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

DLS out recruits as a private school in a metroplex of about 8M.

Mullen does the same in a metroplex of about 3M...well they used too...now its Valor Christian.

Plain and simple.

Keep drinking that kool-aide they keep giving you.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

You're just giving more evidence, not that anyone on the board could possibly need it, of how insanely stupid you are.

But you do you, as the saying goes nowadays.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

You're just giving more evidence, not that anyone on the board could possibly need it, of how insanely stupid you are.

You really need to find a team and get back to coaching. You use the place for reasons unknown anymore. Your shtick is old. Im getting tired of the PM's every other week from Members asking me why I dont ban you.

I will start forwarding them too you....redacted names of course. Your click is shrinking. I only say this because you used to care...now....who knows.

ReplyQuote
SingleWingGoombah
(@singlewinggoombah)
Gold

Gentlemen, can we please act like gentlemen.  This is the thick of the boards most crucial time of the year.  We need to be ready to help coaches struggling with things right now.  There is a huge thread about numbers going down.  And a lot of that has to do with crappy coaching.  Lets get past our egos and be ready to provide assistance to those coaches who reach out. 

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Gentlemen, can we please act like gentlemen.  This is the thick of the boards most crucial time of the year.  We need to be ready to help coaches struggling with things right now.  There is a huge thread about numbers going down.  And a lot of that has to do with crappy coaching.  Lets get past our egos and be ready to provide assistance to those coaches who reach out.

B

Nature of the beast I suppose on any open Forum....to a point. There will always be the Chicken Heads that want to cluck and peck at one another....Im guilty....but when one Member starts getting a slew of complaints from the masses....well this Thread is a perfect example why.

Unsolicited attacks is crossing the line. Probably why when it comes to helping coaches the heavy lifting has gone the PM route. Sad really...when your inbox explodes in July and August out of fear.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Probably why when it comes to helping coaches the heavy lifting has gone the PM route.

True enough.  The only questions I get anymore are through PM (which I don’t mind) but I’d rather have an open forum.

—Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
SingleWingGoombah
(@singlewinggoombah)
Gold

True enough.  The only questions I get anymore are through PM (which I don’t mind) but I’d rather have an open forum.

—Dave

Yes, the value of the open forum is the information that is always there for the world to see.  I have gotten a lot of great info for the DCWT going through old threads. 

ReplyQuote
Malibu
(@idaho-coach)
Silver

WTF?

ReplyQuote
Malibu
(@idaho-coach)
Silver

Yes, the value of the open forum is the information that is always there for the world to see.  I have gotten a lot of great info for the DCWT going through old threads.

The problem is --  look at the last 5 out of 7 threads in the general section.  They either started with or evolved to "look how awesome I do things" or "isn't it crazy how I'm getting screwed by others even though I'm awesome" or "I do things better and faster and everyone else makes excuses."  That sh*t is predictably (and probably rightfully so) going to lead to stone throwing.

ReplyQuote
SingleWingGoombah
(@singlewinggoombah)
Gold

B

Nature of the beast I suppose on any open Forum....to a point. There will always be the Chicken Heads that want to cluck and peck at one another....Im guilty....but when one Member starts getting a slew of complaints from the masses....well this Thread is a perfect example why.

Unsolicited attacks is crossing the line. Probably why when it comes to helping coaches the heavy lifting has gone the PM route. Sad really...when your inbox explodes in July and August out of fear.

Nature of the beast?  To an extent.  You and Michael, both your names appear in red.  That means you are moderators.  And like Julius Campbell said, attitude reflects leadership, captain.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 6
Share: