Irony and Absurdity

Notifications
Clear all

Irony and Absurdity

Page 3 / 6

mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Nature of the beast?  To an extent.  You and Michael, both your names appear in red.  That means you are moderators.  And like Julius Campbell said, attitude reflects leadership, captain.

Very true.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond

Am i the only one left in Michael's clique?

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
J. Potter (seabass)
(@seabass)
Gold

Am i the only one left in Michael's clique?

LMAO....I'm still with you. I would have never seen DLS do what they do had it not been for Michael. That experience reshaped how I think about coaching.

ReplyQuote
davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond

You really need to find a team and get back to coaching. You use the place for reasons unknown anymore. Your shtick is old. Im getting tired of the PM's every other week from Members asking me why I dont ban you.

There seems to be a bunch of "coaches" on here who havent coached in years, do not aspire to ever coach again and only bother to come on to cause problems
That isnt a qualifier for posting on the board
Michael moved- and is just 1 year removed from coaching- I wouldnt include him in that group= hes still going to clinics, reading books and aspiring to be better.

While I dont agree with all the things he does
I love his out of the box perspective on things- how to teach and practice
I dont read everyones posts- I do Michaels

His short witty posts and humor definitely makes me smile
He calls it like he sees it ala Mr Wonderful on Shark Tank- MW- God love him tells people the truth who have invested their lives and fortunes on unsustainable, undefendable, low barriers to entry, low growth, low margin businesses that the contestants arent qualified to do- while others just smile and say "good job"- but not for me.

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.Winston Churchill

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

There seems to be a bunch of "coaches" on here who havent coached in years, do not aspire to ever coach again and only bother to come on to cause problems
Michael moved- and is just 1 year removed from coaching- I wouldnt include him in that group= hes still going to clinics, reading books and aspiring to be better.

He calls it like he sees it ala Mr Wonderful on Shark Tank- MW- God love him tells people the truth who have invested their lives and fortunes on unsustainable, undefendable, low barriers to entry, low growth, low margin businesses that the contestants arent qualified to do- while others just smile and say "good job"- but not for me.

All good points. No argument from me. But this Thread crossed a line.

I got really pissed at you the other day for no good reason other then I was in a bad mood and let that rule my thoughts. I acted like a 2 year old.

So I apologized.

Michael owes me an apology.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

There seems to be a bunch of "coaches" on here who havent coached in years

--First of all, I am trying to find a job.  Applied for two positions today.

do not aspire to ever coach again

--While it's true I have other things that I'd be happy spending my time on, I'd also be happy coaching.

and only bother to come on to cause problems

--I take no responsibility for how others take my posts.

--DP

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond

Wasnt intended at you
You coached last year
You aspire and expect to coach again
You dont just come on here to take shots and people and stir things up- you are providing posts on stuff guys can use

Guys are PMing you Emailing you and calling you for help- me too- at the end of the day guys are getting helped by you

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.Winston Churchill

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Wasnt intended at you

Oh....well, oh.

--DP

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
coachmiket
(@coachmiket)
Gold

This will be my 5th straight season not coaching football.  I only coached it for 4 years when my son played youth ball.  And from an X's and O's and gameday standpoint, I friggin sucked as a football coach.  But I love coming on here and reading threads and posts because you never know when you're going to pick up some general coaching approach that will help you.  I coach junior high basketball and run my own AAU program, as well as help run our local travel basketball program so I feel like sometimes I can offer a bit of insight into general coaching and management for some newer coaches as well.

I'd also like to move up levels in coaching eventually and it's good to read some of the threads as they pertain to the interview and hiring process.

Just don't involve me in any strategic football conversations.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

LMAO....I'm still with you. I would have never seen DLS do what they do had it not been for Michael. That experience reshaped how I think about coaching.

And who do you think cued Michael up on DLS HS when he first showed up on the Forum?

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

This will be my 5th straight season not coaching football.

So then it's you that Cisar's talking about!

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
coachmiket
(@coachmiket)
Gold

So then it's you that Cisar's talking about!

--Dave

Could be  ::)

Like I said, I don't have much to offer in the X's and O's of football department.  But I have coached a lot and had vastly superior teams as well as vastly inferior teams.  So I like sticking around to read what I can and chime in when I feel it's appropriate.

ReplyQuote
J. Potter (seabass)
(@seabass)
Gold

And who do you think cued Michael up on DLS HS when he first showed up on the Forum?

I have no idea. I do know that I HAVE been there to see them in person...and until you see it for yourself...your opinion of how or why they are what they are is guessing.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

I have no idea. I do know that I HAVE been there to see them in person...and until you see it for yourself...your opinion of how or why they are what they are is guessing.

This Forum.

So we are all paying it forward whether its a successful program like DLS or Apoka or some youth coach at Nationals that rarely looses.

ReplyQuote
davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond

Michael knew all about DLS before he got here- he was on that note from the begining

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 6
Share: