Notifications

Is it just me?  

Page 1 / 5
  RSS

darthdaddy17
(@darthdaddy17)
Bronze
September 4, 2016 12:02 am  

I know everybody hates losing. But when the team loses I feel really bad. No matter how the boys play I take it very hard and feel like I let the boys down because I feel that I did not prepare them better.  Does anyone else get this way?

Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit. -Vince Lombardi

Test Account
(@test-account)
Kryptonite
September 4, 2016 2:32 am  

I know everybody hates losing. But when the team loses I feel really bad. No matter how the boys play I take it very hard and feel like I let the boys down because I feel that I did not prepare them better.  Does anyone else get this way?

I am seething angry with myself!!!!!

Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

ReplyQuote
Monster
(@monster)
Gold
September 4, 2016 2:52 am  

Nope, it's not just you. Maybe it's just the two of us, but it's not JUST you.

The feeling that I let the players down and that I let an opportunity pass me by absolutely digs at me and makes me want to be better for the players.

It's times like that when I understand why Coach DP coaches the way he does.

Mission Statement: To make a genuine effort at every opportunity to help those around me build and maintain a commitment to success.

ReplyQuote
woodhawg
(@woodhawg)
Copper
September 4, 2016 7:10 am  

I'm a mess right now. Over it and the whistle put in the books almost 24hours ago.

ReplyQuote
davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond
September 4, 2016 8:27 am  

Losing isnt so bad if we play well- have no problem with it

We play to potential and lose Im fine with it

Lose and play less than potential- not fine with
Win and play less than potential- Im not fine with either

The common opponent is your full potential- not the other teams

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.Winston Churchill

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite
September 4, 2016 9:31 am  

If anyone gets the officiating crew we just had, I suggest their preparation include lots of vaseline.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond
September 4, 2016 9:41 am  

I fell like I let our team down because we gave up the game winning TD in double OT. Even though our defense hadn't even given up one first down up to that point.

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond
New Jersey
3rd - 5th
Asst Coach
September 4, 2016 1:46 pm  

It's just a game, man.  I doubt many of them feel like you let them down.  Those who do feel let down probably feel that way because they'd been hoping you'd put them in the game more.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
September 4, 2016 2:34 pm  

I fell like I let our team down because we gave up the game winning TD in double OT. Even though our defense hadn't even given up one first down up to that point.

Do you run 4 plays from the 10?

Silly OT format....technically you dont even need to get a first down to win.  ::)

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
September 4, 2016 2:40 pm  

Im with Dave.

Do your best and lose....movin' on.

We lost the Championship Game last year by giving up the winning score with 2.5 seconds left in the game.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.  >:(

If you dwell....its worse. We are motivated to try again this season....like any season. With a little luck...we get another shot at the Big Shiny Trophy. If not...movin' on.

ReplyQuote
darthdaddy17
(@darthdaddy17)
Bronze
September 4, 2016 4:18 pm  

Glad I am not alone. We lost 21-7 on Saturday and the looks on their faces absolutely killed me. But playing to their potential they did not, especially on defense its like they completely ignore everything I teach them about how to run the D no matter how much I drill them.

But this Saturday was absolutely horrible kids not running assignments, parents talking badly to the kids, and a parent approaching me and talking smack about my coaching abilities.

Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit. -Vince Lombardi

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond
September 4, 2016 5:26 pm  

Glad I am not alone. We lost 21-7 on Saturday and the looks on their faces absolutely killed me. But playing to their potential they did not, especially on defense its like they completely ignore everything I teach them about how to run the D no matter how much I drill them.

But this Saturday was absolutely horrible kids not running assignments, parents talking badly to the kids, and a parent approaching me and talking smack about my coaching abilities.

Player agents are the worst!

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite
September 4, 2016 5:32 pm  

I feel like that after practice reps.  Games don't really bother me that much.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
coachmyles
(@coachmyles)
Bronze
September 4, 2016 6:41 pm  

Do you run 4 plays from the 10?

Silly OT format....technically you dont even need to get a first down to win.  ::)

Fed rules

"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare to win"The General Robert Montgomery Knight(Bobby Knight)Amat Victoria Curad"Victory Favors the PREPARED!"

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
September 4, 2016 7:54 pm  

Do you have a 24 hour Rule?

I had to fire a coach this season for breaking this rule...after a scrimmage game.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 5
Share: