Notifications

Is it just me?  

Page 4 / 5
  RSS

SmakAtak
(@smakatak)
Bronze
September 6, 2016 2:46 pm  

I have all of those in place on gameday, I have it planned where the MPR's go and how often they rotate and it's discussed prior to the game. During the game when it's time to start rotating in players, my assistants resist me because they are too focused on the studs than proper rotation. My Goal is to have the weaker kids at 8 plays at halftime. I also have caught AC's subing players. The only coaches allowed to sub anyone is the OC and myself. This has been worked on but they still try or annoy the crap out of me.

Where do you play your MP kids.  On the O-Line?  Is this why they're saying that the packages are "unsafe"?

ReplyQuote
DKTurtle
(@dkturtle)
Bronze
September 6, 2016 7:20 pm  

Agreed.  But if options are limited and there are school / geographic restrictions on where players can play, then some parents may not want to gamble their kids standing with the club or coach who may or may not still be around.

According to the petition, there will be no standing to gamble if a coaching change is not made.

Those that sign this petition are telling SEPW that UNLESS AN IMMEDIATE CHANGE AT THE HEAD COACHING POSITION IS MADE, WE ARE REMOVING OUR BOYS FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE SEASON.

Practice makes permanent. Perfect practice makes perfect.

ReplyQuote
darthdaddy17
(@darthdaddy17)
Bronze
September 7, 2016 1:21 am  

Guess who is still the HC of his team? This guy  8). I spoke with my commissioner today and he told me that when this poop storm started, pretty much all but 3 families emailed him and the President and all of those were in my favor. Many of the Parents stated they were utterly clueless about the content of the petition because they never observed any of it during practice or games. They also stated that they thought that I was a good coach and was always positive when dealing with the kids. They even stated they questioned their boys on the petition and the boys all said that I never did anything like that stuff mentioned.

On of my AC's stepped up and held a Parents meeting and went in my place so I could coach and defended me and my other AC's attended as well and did the same. Many of my supportive parents told the angry parents they needed to stop trying to stab me in the back and stop telling lies to get attention and there was better ways of getting it. All 26 kids were present today nobody left.

Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit. -Vince Lombardi

ReplyQuote
Test Account
(@test-account)
Kryptonite
September 7, 2016 2:11 am  

Guess who is still the HC of his team? This guy  8). I spoke with my commissioner today and he told me that when this poop storm started, pretty much all but 3 families emailed him and the President and all of those were in my favor. Many of the Parents stated they were utterly clueless about the content of the petition because they never observed any of it during practice or games. They also stated that they thought that I was a good coach and was always positive when dealing with the kids. They even stated they questioned their boys on the petition and the boys all said that I never did anything like that stuff mentioned.

On of my AC's stepped up and held a Parents meeting and went in my place so I could coach and defended me and my other AC's attended as well and did the same. Many of my supportive parents told the angry parents they needed to stop trying to stab me in the back and stop telling lies to get attention and there was better ways of getting it. All 26 kids were present today nobody left.

Congratulations.

Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

ReplyQuote
patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum
September 7, 2016 4:18 am  

So there was no mutiny by any of your AC's?  That is good and will save you from having to fire them. 

For the parents that were part of the uprising, are you going to have a conversation with them that they can take their kid and go home.  "Just tell me now whether you are committed to this team or please leave now. I don't want drama all season."

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
September 7, 2016 6:46 am  

Weird.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
darthdaddy17
(@darthdaddy17)
Bronze
September 7, 2016 7:01 am  

So there was no mutiny by any of your AC's?  That is good and will save you from having to fire them. 

For the parents that were part of the uprising, are you going to have a conversation with them that they can take their kid and go home.  "Just tell me now whether you are committed to this team or please leave now. I don't want drama all season."

No, my president and commissioner already did that. They also stated that if any parent ever approaches any coach on the field again that they will be given the boot.

ReplyQuote
patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum
September 7, 2016 7:04 am  

No, my president and commissioner already did that. They also stated that if any parent ever approaches any coach on the field again that they will be given the boot.

Well, good for them and good for you.  Now it is time to focus on football!

ReplyQuote
Coach Kyle
(@coach-kyle)
Platinum
September 7, 2016 7:04 am  

So you don't know who actually wrote the letter then?

Deaths while walking 4,743Deaths from football 12

ReplyQuote
darthdaddy17
(@darthdaddy17)
Bronze
September 7, 2016 7:17 am  

So you don't know who actually wrote the letter then?

No, I know exactly who wrote it.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
September 7, 2016 7:22 am  

Have you been practicing your stink eye in the mirror for them?  😛

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Coach Kyle
(@coach-kyle)
Platinum
September 7, 2016 7:27 am  

Have you recommended that they are given the boot?

Deaths while walking 4,743Deaths from football 12

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
September 7, 2016 7:39 am  

Sorry, but it "soap box" time. To me, there is nothing lower than a sports parent who exerts effort to destroy the efforts of volunteers. These people can very rarely be bothered to help with snacks, pot lucks, chain gang, or anything productive, but when it comes to furthering their cancerous agenda, the seem to find boundless time, energy and resources.

You could play the "I feel uncomfortable and threatened in their presence" card and banish them to the parking lot during practices a games.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
CoachOCD
(@coachocd)
Platinum
September 7, 2016 7:58 am  

If anyone gets the officiating crew we just had, I suggest their preparation include lots of vaseline.

and its not the honest refs that didn't "see it" that just kill a game, its the ones with an agenda, that purposefully ignore blatant fouls and lie about it, or have a tendency to throw late flags whenever your team is having a big play, that just kills a game.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite
September 7, 2016 8:03 am  

and its not the honest refs that didn't "see it" that just kill a game, its the ones with an agenda, that purposefully ignore blatant fouls and lie about it, or have a tendency to throw late flags whenever your team is having a big play, that just kills a game.

Pro tip:  Don't say, "Have you decided yet which guy you're going to call holding on on the next play?"

I might have said that a few years ago.  Or not.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 5
Share: