Clear all

Is unlimited weight ruining football?

Page 6 / 9

CoachOCD
(@coachocd)
Platinum

crappy boards running orgs

THIS!!!

is a underestimated influence on the game we all love. Of course coaching can always be improved, mine is no different, always learning, trying to be a student of the game...not always successful at this, I got some stubborn issues. The boards that pass meaningless rules and regs that hamper/cripple the game, do exactly that CRIPPLE the game. Oh sure their intent is not to do this, their intent is often an attempt at political correctness & fairness EG THE FEMINIZATION OF OUR BELOVED SPORT!

Sometimes it is often a case of a group of people that are just unknowing of the game that pass rules and regs. They aren't "trying" to do anything but have 'good intentions'. But some of the rules I see and hear about, some of the decision making I have seen is just so out of touch its amazing. I have seen good coaches leave an organization because of crappy rules n regs.

Boards also have a problem with corruption, theft and dishonesty to flat out cheating...this above all else is some of the worst situations I have ever seen created. Its sad to think entire boards and coaching staffs can willingly and knowingly collaborate in cheating our game, purposefully signing older kids, falsifying records..very sad!

One of the worst cases of cheating had 2 sophomores from local HS sign up and play for the youth program. These kids were 15 and 16 years old. Worse in the amount of people involved, not worse in the severity.  The cheating involved signing sophomores in HS 15 and 16 year old students that had multiple Fs kids that couldn't make grades to play at HS level. The HS football staff with the youth coaches and the youth board falsified paperwork, so the kids could qualify for the 8th grade local youth team. So the HS coaching staff was in on it. Several HS teachers were aware, middle school teachers, It was literally hundreds of adults that knew or actively conspired in ruse.

-HS coaching staff, all of them
- members of 7 separate youth coaching staffs
-HS teachers knew of this
-middle school teachers knew of this
-youth football board, all of them
-the parents from the 7 teams
-parents from the HS teams
- cheerleaders
-parents of cheerleaders

The only way it was found out was one of the kids was friends with kids/family on team from other school, they spilled the beans.
How there is this amount of dishonest people involved is beyond me, just shameful!

ReplyQuote
CD Rams Coach M
(@cd-rams-coach-m)
Bronze

Are you guys in AYF? I see that you are in the Worcester area.

Yes... AYF. 5th graders/10U.
How about you coach?

ReplyQuote
patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum

How about you coach?

We are AYF in CMass. My team is 7th Grade/13U. At least we were last year.

I think I know which team you are now. I have spoken with your 7th grade header. In the finals, we played the team that beat them in the semis.

ReplyQuote
Coach Correa
(@coach-correa)
Gold

How about you coach?

CD must stand for Charleston Dudley had one of the best DW's I ever seen in 2012 14-u never seen nothing like it. That Coach stilm around ?

Head Coach Tito Correa New Britain Raiders 14-U

ReplyQuote
CD Rams Coach M
(@cd-rams-coach-m)
Bronze

CD must stand for Charlton Dudley had one of the best DW's I ever seen in 2012 14-u never seen nothing like it. That Coach stilm around ?

He isn't coaching right now, but I still pick his brain on a regular basis. He taught me the DW.

ReplyQuote
CD Rams Coach M
(@cd-rams-coach-m)
Bronze

We are AYF in CMass. My team is 7th Grade/13U. At least we were last year.

I think I know which team you are now. I have spoken with your 7th grade header. In the finals, we played the team that beat them in the semis.

You guys had a great team. Coming back with the same team/8th Grade/14U this year?
Hope to see you around the fields...CMASS is a small world.

ReplyQuote
patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum

You guys had a great team. Coming back with the same team/8th Grade/14U this year?
Hope to see you around the fields...CMASS is a small world.

Coming back for another season next year. I figure that I have another year in me and this is this group's last season together. 😉

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

I heard a rumor that PW in Florida is dropping Unlimited and going back to SrM. Or at very least the Org I coached in last year is rumored to be switching back. Anyone hear anything?

ReplyQuote
SmakAtak
(@smakatak)
Bronze

crappy boards running orgs

THIS!!!

is a underestimated influence on the game we all love. Of course coaching can always be improved, mine is no different, always learning, trying to be a student of the game...not always successful at this, I got some stubborn issues. The boards that pass meaningless rules and regs that hamper/cripple the game, do exactly that CRIPPLE the game. Oh sure their intent is not to do this, their intent is often an attempt at political correctness & fairness EG THE FEMINIZATION OF OUR BELOVED SPORT!

Sometimes it is often a case of a group of people that are just unknowing of the game that pass rules and regs. They aren't "trying" to do anything but have 'good intentions'. But some of the rules I see and hear about, some of the decision making I have seen is just so out of touch its amazing. I have seen good coaches leave an organization because of crappy rules n regs.

Boards also have a problem with corruption, theft and dishonesty to flat out cheating...this above all else is some of the worst situations I have ever seen created. Its sad to think entire boards and coaching staffs can willingly and knowingly collaborate in cheating our game, purposefully signing older kids, falsifying records..very sad!

One of the worst cases of cheating had 2 sophomores from local HS sign up and play for the youth program. These kids were 15 and 16 years old. Worse in the amount of people involved, not worse in the severity.  The cheating involved signing sophomores in HS 15 and 16 year old students that had multiple Fs kids that couldn't make grades to play at HS level. The HS football staff with the youth coaches and the youth board falsified paperwork, so the kids could qualify for the 8th grade local youth team. So the HS coaching staff was in on it. Several HS teachers were aware, middle school teachers, It was literally hundreds of adults that knew or actively conspired in ruse.

-HS coaching staff, all of them
- members of 7 separate youth coaching staffs
-HS teachers knew of this
-middle school teachers knew of this
-youth football board, all of them
-the parents from the 7 teams
-parents from the HS teams
- cheerleaders
-parents of cheerleaders

The only way it was found out was one of the kids was friends with kids/family on team from other school, they spilled the beans.
How there is this amount of dishonest people involved is beyond me, just shameful!

Geez.  Wouldn't it have just been easier to conspire with the teachers that gave them F's?  1 coach, 2 or 3 teachers.  What a stupid plan.

ReplyQuote
CoachOCD
(@coachocd)
Platinum

yah you'd think but thats the only reason this is even noteworthy. Ive heard of kids, parents or coaches cheating, but all at same time with such huge numbers involved...shocking & sad is the lack of integrity involved on such a mass scale

ReplyQuote
canepb
(@canepb)
Copper

I heard a rumor that PW in Florida is dropping Unlimited and going back to SrM. Or at very least the Org I coached in last year is rumored to be switching back. Anyone hear anything?

PW is still going to have Unlimited, it depends on your conference. 

ReplyQuote
tmgrindhouse
(@tmgrindhouse)
Copper

Are you a Pop Warner program or something else?

Coach M,
"Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other." JFK

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

PW is still going to have Unlimited, it depends on your conference.

I heard from one of my former players that our Conference voted to switch back to just having Senior Midgets and getting rid of Unlimited. So I am just trying to confirm.

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

Are you a Pop Warner program or something else?

Last year I was PW, up in the air where I will be this year.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

I think it was just your conference. As far as I know our conference is still unlimited.

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 9
Share: