Lost Championship 1...

Notifications

Lost Championship 13-7  

RSS

JustPlay
(@rjbthor)
Silver
November 3, 2019 4:06 am  

First let me say I take losing personally. I am a good loser on the field. Shake hands, keep positive. Give our team our final team chat.

BUT on the inside I am seething. I have never been a part of a game where the officials decided the outcome. I know my boys were robbed of a championship. Film shows the 4th down goaline play 33 seconds left and the runner was a good half yard short. Not even a close call. The one official did not signal TD. The other official did. I kept my cool but it was close.

I am sure in a few weeks I will be on to my next adventure but I fear this game will haunt my feelings of fairness for years to come. I dont even have a son on the team.

Maybe its better to just golf?

nothing replaces effort. nothing replaces the mind. One with out the other is a waste of time.

DukesCoach
(@dukescoach)
Bronze
November 4, 2019 4:25 am  

that sucks coach, not much worse than the outcome being out of the kids hands.  If they came up with the stop then that is a heartbreaker and youre entitled to be disappointed.  I do hate when the near official is not the one that makes the call and somehow the guy across the field determines the ruling.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
November 4, 2019 6:00 am  

First let me say I take losing personally. I am a good loser on the field. Shake hands, keep positive. Give our team our final team chat.

BUT on the inside I am seething. I have never been a part of a game where the officials decided the outcome. I know my boys were robbed of a championship. Film shows the 4th down goaline play 33 seconds left and the runner was a good half yard short. Not even a close call. The one official did not signal TD. The other official did. I kept my cool but it was close.

I am sure in a few weeks I will be on to my next adventure but I fear this game will haunt my feelings of fairness for years to come. I dont even have a son on the team.

Maybe its better to just golf?

There is nothing fair about golf either !

Great season....bad ending.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
November 4, 2019 8:02 am  

Film shows the 4th down goaline play 33 seconds left and the runner was a good half yard short. Not even a close call. The one official did not signal TD. The other official did. I kept my cool but it was close.

They did this to us in 2003.  Playing for the Mid-South Regional championship game to see who goes to Florida.  Game went into overtime.  On 4th & goal from the 3-yard line, they run a dive that we stuffed at the LOS.  Our players on the field are already clapping and jumping up & down, celebrating as they come off the field.  The two closest officials who are at the pile do not signal touchdown but the official the furthest away signals "touchdown."  I make a beeline right for him (he's on our sideline) and ask him how he can make a call like that when the 2 closest to the play didn't signal it.  He says, "Coach, we can't be out here all day.  We've got other games to play."  (It's a wind chill of 17 degrees.)

Our camera-dude on the sideline filmed it from the goal line and showed it to me as we got on the bus.  Kid wasn't in.  Not even close.  Our opponent goes to Orlando and wins 25-6 and 26-0 to win the national championship.  Will never forget it.  Never, ever.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
JustPlay
(@rjbthor)
Silver
November 5, 2019 6:33 am  

Heard this second hand as i an not a social media guy.

The opposing teams coach posted about their victory online. So one of my teams moms posted a picture of the winning play where the player was very short of the goal line on the ground. 

nothing replaces effort. nothing replaces the mind. One with out the other is a waste of time.

ReplyQuote
Share: