Clear all

Michaels "3 lane speed way"

Page 1 / 3

ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Topic starter  

He calls it " 3 lane" the kids ive been helping lately call it "speed way" so i combined it.

The idea came from his patriots drill, i filled in for an 8u Coach 2 days ago and was asked to run a station of sprints as a good helper i disagreed with the thought but complied.

We did 10 meter sprints using 3 lane...more kids wanted in my drill then those terds playing youth coach grab ass relays.

The set up...3 lines...lines one and two are even in numbers lane 3 has 1 kid.

You need a dad at the start "mr get back" and finish line guy. Ties for first is a loss for both.

Who ever wins the race goes to line 3, if line 3 wins he has to jog back and race immediatley with the next group...i givem 10 secs to catch air.

I have 12 kids for 30 minutes...mustve ran at least 100 sprints... but by golly we had 100 sprint with maximum effort.

We switched the stimulous from 10 meter sprint, to turn and burn with a 10 meter sprint,  and today we start on our bellys in a 10 meter sprint.

Michael aka i can pick up college chicks at the mall... has another awesome drill

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

If you really want to make it a bitch, have Lanes 1 and 2 with lines at both ends, and each rep. starts where the last one finished.  That way the guy who just won is already there.  No "catching air."

That's how we do the Patriots Drill (which should actually be called the Lions Drill, but once it's named, it's named).

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
asu39
(@asu39)
Copper

We did 10 meter sprints using 3 lane...more kids wanted in my drill then those terds playing youth coach grab ass relays.

::)

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

Definitely stealing this drill.

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Topic starter  

::)

10 yards..sorry...been in rugby mode too long

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

I never would have given Zach the drill if I'd known he liked the metric system.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

I'm still trying to figure it out.  Say it again.  This time, s l o w l y.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum

--Dave

With Michael's word per post quota, this is going to take a long time. 

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

--Dave

You know how you can race two kids against each other using two lanes, with a line of kids for each lane?

Now add a third lane.  On the first rep., just throw a random kid in it.  After the first rep., lane 3 always has the kid who won the previous rep.  So you go until you lose, always against two new kids.  Lane 3 never has a line.  It only has the kid who just won.

Now the winner is going to mosey back to save his energy.  So you put kids in lines for lanes 1 and 2 at each end, so each rep. heads back from where the previous one finished.  So even reps. say, are north to south and odd reps., then, are south to north.  So now the defending champ can't mosey back, since the next rep. starts right where the previous one finished.  As soon as the rep. ends, the winner is already at the starting line for the next one.

ReplyQuote
Lazarus
(@lazarus)
Bronze

Ok, I'm about to show just how much of a noob I am with regard to teaching football:

This is a "bear crawl" race.  Why should you focus on speed while in a bear crawl?  What advantage does this give the boys in playing?  When would you need to be able to bear crawl at all on the football field??

<Prepares to get flamed>

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

Ok, I'm about to show just how much of a noob I am with regard to teaching football:

This is a "bear crawl" race.  Why should you focus on speed while in a bear crawl?  What advantage does this give the boys in playing?  When would you need to be able to bear crawl at all on the football field??

<Prepares to get flamed>

It doesn't make the kids better.  It makes the better kids easier to identify.

It sorts out athletic guys really quickly.  And soft guys really quickly.

The bear crawl for speed is a little tricky, the side rolls are trickier, doing the forward roll with any kind of speed is a bitch, and coming out of the forward roll up and running  and headed for the football is a bitch-and-a-half.

ReplyQuote
Lazarus
(@lazarus)
Bronze

And here I was thinking there was some type of "low blocking" or something that I was unaware of. 

Got it.

ReplyQuote
WBCoach
(@rstockwell)
Bronze

Wait I thought this was 3 lane. what Laz is talking about is patriot right?

Team work: good as gold

ReplyQuote
Lazarus
(@lazarus)
Bronze

Wait I thought this was 3 lane. what Laz is talking about is patriot right?

Please don't assume I have any idea what I'm talking about...

ReplyQuote
WBCoach
(@rstockwell)
Bronze

Ok I was right. 3 lane is sprints and patriot is same setup but with side rolls and front flips with gadgets at the end. Lol

Team work: good as gold

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: