Middle School Charg...

Notifications

Middle School Charge  

RSS

CoachC.
(@coachcreswell)
Bronze
August 23, 2012 7:31 am  

Do any middle school coaches charge players a fee each year?

CoachDavidP
(@fizzlife)
Gold
August 23, 2012 9:55 am  

Do any middle school coaches charge players a fee each year?

Around here that is decided by the school board. not a coaches decision. Some of the MS's do charge but not all of them.

David (Fizzlife)Extreme Ownership -- Jocko Willink and Leif Babin

ReplyQuote
CowboyCoach
(@cowboycoach)
Bronze
August 23, 2012 10:10 am  

In our district it is $45 to play the first sport each season and $30 for the second.  After that no charge.

ReplyQuote
CoachC.
(@coachcreswell)
Bronze
August 23, 2012 10:21 am  

In our district it is $45 to play the first sport each season and $30 for the second.  After that no charge.

Does that money go to each sport or a general fund? The reason I ask is after we bought our new home jerseys this year we only have about 1200.00 left coffers. We don't got a budget each year, just whatever we can drum up from sales of different things. I will need some new helmets next year and refurb some of the others. I'm trying to figure out if I need to charge a fee per player, or ask the parents to provide their own helmets.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
August 24, 2012 6:49 am  

It's $40 at our high school.  We charged $25 at middle school.  Youth charges $140.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Loftdawg
(@loftdawg)
Copper
August 25, 2012 2:04 pm  

MS football where we live is approx. $200 and you don't get to keep the jerseys. But we're in an affluent area and we scholarship players that need it.

Other teams we play have fees ranging from $125 to $300.

ReplyQuote
CowboyCoach
(@cowboycoach)
Bronze
August 25, 2012 2:49 pm  

Does that money go to each sport or a general fund? The reason I ask is after we bought our new home jerseys this year we only have about 1200.00 left coffers. We don't got a budget each year, just whatever we can drum up from sales of different things. I will need some new helmets next year and refurb some of the others. I'm trying to figure out if I need to charge a fee per player, or ask the parents to provide their own helmets.

I believe it goes to a general fund to help offset the costs of officials and transportation.

ReplyQuote
CowboyCoach
(@cowboycoach)
Bronze
August 25, 2012 2:51 pm  

Here kids are not permitted to wear their own equipment.  My son's new $200 helmet I bought for last season will make an expensive paperweight.

ReplyQuote
Coach TonyM
(@ramoody)
Gold
North Carolina
Middle School
Head Coach
August 25, 2012 3:23 pm  

We charge $10 for any sport and it goes in to the general fund.  Same deal with equipment... the equipment we have is certified and refurbished every year so it is a liability thing plus you don't want an issue with showboating or some parent thinking they can "buy" their son playing time or position.

ReplyQuote
Share: