Page 1 / 2
  RSS

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
June 23, 2020 9:15 am  
Below is from an email I received.  My question is, what does all this (below) even matter, when the game itself can't be PLAYED with physical distancing?

Garner parks has asked us to keep it to no more than 25 per team including coaches for use of
practice fields. They would like social distancing and working in groups no larger than 7
including coaches. Would like us to stagger practice start times and keep spectators in cars or
behind the fence practicing social distancing.

Building has been sanitized including all equipment. We will be placing an ozone machine in
building anytime someone has been in building organizing for season. All uniforms will be
washed and placed in sanitized containers prior to handing out to participants.

Equipment handouts will be done by a schedule. Upon completion of all payments and
paperwork the participant will be given a date and time to meet for equipment. Must stay in
car until it is your turn, no lines and only one parent allowed per participant.

Administrators assigned to each team will be Civitan members not related to anyone on the
teamthey will do check ins, each team admin will have a thermometer for taking
temperatures and making sure child is able to practice along with maintaining all logs for our
records. We have ordered 6 thermometers, hand sanitizer and cleaning sanitizer for equipment
from HD Supply.

Football Director and Asst Football Director will make sure all guidelines are maintained during
practice. Team parent will make sure all parents are following guidelines.

All participants will always provide their own water bottles and keep all equipment 6 ft apart.

WCPSS has not responded on field rentals. High School has confirmed they did not forward our
request to high school for approval.

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
June 23, 2020 2:53 pm  
Posted by: @coachdp
My question is, what does all this (below) even matter, when the game itself can't be PLAYED with physical distancing?

It doesn't. There are 2 schools of thought:

1) The pandemic is overblown and was never a threat to most of us and every response: lock downs; public health orders; business closures; masks; social distancing; testing; and even the recession/depression were completely unnecessary. Let's get back to business as usual.

2) The pandemic is real; it's dangerous and it is far from over and you shouldn't do anything that is contrary to COVID-19 safety measures.

Everyone has their reasons for being on one side or the other. Whichever side you're on, you can cherry pick stats, articles and evidence to prove that you're right. 

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
June 23, 2020 4:20 pm  
Below is from an email I received.  My question is, what does all this (below) even matter, when the game itself can't be PLAYED with physical distancing?

Same deal with concussions....make things different during the week so everyone is in their warn and fuzzy place....then on game day...let er rip. 

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
Illinois
Other
Club Admin
June 23, 2020 4:47 pm  

We just got news that our season is "A Go. We were already in dire straight numbers wise before "IT" hit. Should be really interesting to see how many we get signed up.  

I am one of those that says enough already!  We shall see...

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
Majortom
(@majortom)
Bronze
June 23, 2020 8:17 pm  

I live in Western NY and we are about a week or so from announcing that we are in stage 4 (last before no restrictions)of the Staggered reopening of the state. We are NOT NYC (they are in stage 2 I think)but we did get the full lock down treatment initially with the rest. Dave I look at the info they are giving you as your go ahead to get the ball rolling and as long as there is no spike then soon you will get the ok to relax the restrictions some.  Everyone could just wait awhile until they say we are in the clear, meaning the hospitals and such will not be overwhelmed with cases, but no one wants to wait. I initially thought the gradual reopening was a waste of time but once I realized there was a light at the end of the tunnel I have rethought and have to agree they (NY) did the right thing now that we are not tied to what happens in NYC.

I have not heard definitively, but according to what our town has in writing, football will be a go with some initial restrictions/precautions and then hoping for an all clear by middle of Aug. I assume they will try to keep crowds wearing masks and extra sanitizing etc.

Tom

14th year youth coach 7-12 yr olds

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond
New Jersey
3rd - 5th
Asst Coach
June 24, 2020 12:45 am  
Posted by: @gumby_in_co
My question is, what does all this (below) even matter, when the game itself can't be PLAYED with physical distancing?

It doesn't. There are 2 schools of thought:

1) The pandemic is overblown and was never a threat to most of us and every response: lock downs; public health orders; business closures; masks; social distancing; testing; and even the recession/depression were completely unnecessary. Let's get back to business as usual.

2) The pandemic is real; it's dangerous and it is far from over and you shouldn't do anything that is contrary to COVID-19 safety measures.

Everyone has their reasons for being on one side or the other. Whichever side you're on, you can cherry pick stats, articles and evidence to prove that you're right. 

I'm a mixture of both.  The pandemic was never a threat to most of us, but is a threat to a few of us.  What we should've done is isolate the few of us for whom it is such a threat, while letting the virus spread thru the rest of the population as fast as possible.

32wedge liked
ReplyQuote
terrypjohnson
(@terrypjohnson)
Bronze
United States
Head Coach
June 24, 2020 3:57 pm  

I think the whole thing is just a conspiracy to make everyone use Coach mahonz and Coach gumby's megasplits.

Just kidding... hope everyone's safe. Fortunately, my county hasn't had a whole lot of cases so far.

Fight 'em until Hell freezes over, then fight 'em on the ice -- Dutch Meyer

Coyote liked
ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
June 24, 2020 11:05 pm  
Posted by: @terrypjohnson

I think the whole thing is just a conspiracy to make everyone use Coach mahonz and Coach gumby's megasplits.

Just kidding... hope everyone's safe. Fortunately, my county hasn't had a whole lot of cases so far.

My idea is that every player carries a rubber inflatable ball. From 6 feet away, you throw the ball at an opponent. If you hit that opponent, he is "out". So if you are a ball carrier, you are down. If you are a defender, you are "blocked". If you are an offensive player . . . well, I guess you just fell down. Football with social distancing.

Then again, ever ball needs to be marked with the player's name and must be disinfected after every play.  Getting within 6' of another player is a 15 yard penalty. If a player gets hurt you drag him off the field to his parents using one of those lifeguard hooks you see at pools.

If you want to ramp up the Mojo, use baseballs.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by gumby_in_co

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
June 24, 2020 11:13 pm  
Posted by: @terrypjohnson

Well...mega splits has cured A LOT of ill's. A wonder drug if you will.   😎  

COVID? I was a good soldier until all to the projections fell so painfully short that it was now painfully obvious we had all been had. The "cure" will prove out to be far more damaging than the virus itself. No disrespect to anyone that has lost a loved one to COVID. Death sucks...believe me ....I get it. 

Still....I respect those around me and do what Im supposed to be doing in public. My right hand man....Coach Gumby....will probably take a pass this season.... if there is a season and I will fully respect his decision as will his players. We are a family. So when he returns....open arms. 👍 

ReplyQuote
G8trs
(@g8trs)
Copper
June 25, 2020 4:07 pm  

Whats up fellas? I am not buying the Covid shenanigans at all and neither are our parents. In fact we are playing Flex football this summer. The day I sent out registration I had 18 kids ready to roll. I also had 8 new players calling me asking to join the team.

Last weekend was our first game and it was awesome to be back on the field. Unfortunately, Flex contacted me yesterday saying our games have been postponed due to the venue we were playing at shutting us down. They said there was too many people at the games blah blah blah. Hopefully we can get a few more games in before the Fall season. 

Playing Flex I have found out that I am not a fan of larger splits. We are running an Air Raid ish offense and I cant wait to get back to the DTDW. I have a feeling most of the teams we will be playing are gonna be soft and out of shape. I cant wait to run Wedge and Power down their throats. 

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
June 25, 2020 8:36 pm  
Posted by: @g8trs

Whats up fellas? I am not buying the Covid shenanigans at all and neither are our parents. In fact we are playing Flex football this summer. The day I sent out registration I had 18 kids ready to roll. I also had 8 new players calling me asking to join the team.

Last weekend was our first game and it was awesome to be back on the field. Unfortunately, Flex contacted me yesterday saying our games have been postponed due to the venue we were playing at shutting us down. They said there was too many people at the games blah blah blah. Hopefully we can get a few more games in before the Fall season. 

Playing Flex I have found out that I am not a fan of larger splits. We are running an Air Raid ish offense and I cant wait to get back to the DTDW. I have a feeling most of the teams we will be playing are gonna be soft and out of shape. I cant wait to run Wedge and Power down their throats. 

I live down the street from a massive sports complex. An 8 plex baseball diamond....indoor facility...6 LAX fields and 18 soccer fields. I noticed practices and camps starting a few weeks ago....last weekend the place was packed. I hope the P&R didn't freak out. Lots of people. 

ReplyQuote
Coyote
(@coyote)
Bronze
3rd - 5th
Coordinator
June 27, 2020 5:36 pm  

Our League Board met with us coaches today....  we're a go - anticipating full season. 

Sign-ups are up, if the trend continues, the board is thinking we may add a team.   I'm inclined to think that may be overly optimistic, but the numbers are looking very strong in the early sign-ups.   

We'll have our combine July 6-8, draft on the 11th.  We're basically starting a week later than usual, other than that... 

2 teams have new coaches...  should be interesting to see what new offenses / defenses  they bring to the game.  

Umm.... why does that 6 ft tall 9 yr old have a goatee...?

ReplyQuote
rpatric
(@rpatric)
Bronze
Maryland
6th - 8th
Head Coach
June 30, 2020 11:16 am  

Our situation is getting stranger by the day. Last meeting we were informed that Baltimore County teams wouldn't be participating until Sept 1 at the earliest. No biggie, if anything we'll delay the start and possibly shorten the season. We still had 11 programs or so ready to rock. Fast forward to today...… We officially go the OK by the league to play, however, several of the programs are deciding not to play this season. One of them already pretty much signed up with our organization and another is trying. We can't field but so many teams due to practice field space/times, equipment, training gear etc... So we may play ball this year, but it's looking more and more like we're going to be playing eachother half the time. IDK, strange times we're living in.

ReplyQuote
Coach TonyM
(@ramoody)
Gold
North Carolina
Middle School
Head Coach
July 4, 2020 11:21 am  

So our youth league here in the westernmost counties of North Carolina are not playing football.  This is the only youth league in these counties.. So Sad!!!

ReplyQuote
32wedge
(@32wedge)
Silver Moderator
Virginia
Middle School
Only / Head Coach
July 4, 2020 1:06 pm  

They have not made a decision yet in Virginia but they are talking about postponing fall sports until February.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: