(@bob-goodman)
Diamond
New Jersey
3rd - 5th
Asst Coach
September 19, 2020 2:21 am  
Posted by: @coachdp
Posted by: @gumby_in_co

I've never been, but I imagine 2 seasons. Hot and hurricane.

Except for November.  Then it's ridiculous cold.

--Dave

Now I understand what X-Man blocking is really about: Those arms are folded to keep warm!

32wedge liked
ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
September 25, 2020 12:52 am  

Was hanging out before practice today talking to a parent about how his best friend from HS just committed suicide because the COVID lockdown made his life not worth living. He had some pre-existing conditions as a veteran. 

Kids were out running around having fun being kids waiting to start practice. 

Just then a neighbor walking his dog strolls by and tells me that this community needs more people like me.  Thanked me for giving these kids a platform to get out of the house and that he was sure it was no easy task overcoming the BS oppressive government to get this done. Thanked me again for saving kids from themselves and giving them a sense of normal....and walked away. 

Parent turns to me and said....I should have had my buddy come coach with you. 

Reminded me that all of us that are coaching right now are doing something unique for others even if its only one day at a time. The game itself has really become secondary this Season. 

What is beautiful, lives forever.

32wedge liked
ReplyQuote
G8trs
(@g8trs)
Copper
September 25, 2020 10:38 am  

@mahonz

Suicide is a serious issue right now, especially with middle school kids. Locking kids up for months with limited social interaction and physical activity is a recipe for disaster. 

I have been told by multiple parents they do not know where their child would be without football this season. I honestly believe the negative impact from Covid is much worse than the virus itself. I have 22 healthy, happy, hard working players on our team because we have been practicing since April. Football helped our players, coaches and parents get through the BS.

I completely agree with you Mahonz. Football is secondary this season. 

ReplyQuote
Page 15 / 15
Share: