Notifications
Clear all

Moving Forward

spidermac
(@spidermac)
Gold
Topic starter  

Good Morning Gentlemen 🙂

So weird season over...looking forward to next season, which actually starts for the players on Valentine's day...we have our first practice for spring, 7v7. Spring is likely going to still be a little weird, until everyone gets vaccinated, and the herd immunity thing gets going...

Most of my fall players are playing spring, I have two bigs who are doing other things, one is wrestling, the other is "training" with a couple of Dallas Cowboys and a former Cowboy who is now a Raider...and then two ball guys who are not playing, mom made one of them academically ineligible, his grades are not where she wants them, so she said "no football" until he fixes it (which I agree with). The other is concentrating on basketball (I actually think he is likely done with football, he is scared of it).

So the plan for the spring is get better at what we do...we will work on the passing game (obviously), and we will also work on the running stuff too, even though we can't run the ball in the spring...

We are also going to focus on over all athleticism for the boys, especially the bigs, get them used to playing in space, as they are going to be our 7v7 defense, so I will have a Center playing Corner, a Guard playing safety, etc.

We picked up a couple of "friend requests" for the spring, the parents want to "test drive" Texas Football and I guess me as well...both families have recently moved in from California, and their boys have never played football before. So they want them to try "non-contact" football first, then maybe play the real thing come fall. In this regard, it is always a good thing from my perspective, the parents of my players felt comfortable recommending me to their friends 🙂

We missed this extra training last season because of Covid, and it did show on the field...I am excited that we are going to get it this season.

Chris

None of them suck, they just haven't found what the kid is good at yet.

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

What's going to be the age group, Chris?

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
spidermac
(@spidermac)
Gold
Topic starter  

@coachdp

They are going to be 10, moving to the bigger ball next fall, we are going to start using it in the spring, even though we don't have to...

None of them suck, they just haven't found what the kid is good at yet.

CoachDP liked
ReplyQuote
Share: