My Team Rocks Conte...

Notifications
Clear all

My Team Rocks Contest

Page 5 / 5

mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Wow...you had a nice lead when I voted this morning. Wont let me vote right now.

This is down to the wire !

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
CoachBrian
(@coachbrian)
Gold
Topic starter  

Wow...you had a nice lead when I voted this morning. Wont let me vote right now.

This is down to the wire !

Don't get me started.  We had a 20 vote lead this afternoon, but the karate school has had 126 votes today alone.  We really can't compete with them.  They've promoted/sponsored their link at least twice in the last couple of days, spending $6.95 each time they do it.  We want the $100 gift card, but not that much to spend money on advertising our link on Facebook.  Then, about two hours ago someone posted this to the karate school's Sensei's Facebook page:

Sensei, all my campaign managers all over the world are working so hard right now. UK, ITALY, BAHRAIN, SPAIN, PHILIPPINES,

What the F?  How can you compete with that.  And what does that mean?  Campaign managers?  Do they pride themselves in destroying legitimate contests for non-profit youth sports teams?

All I can say is that we gave it everything we had.  We're down by 8 votes right now and they just keep getting votes.......must be those campaign managers.  They're probably all saying this too....."Sweep the leg!"

;D

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Check your PM immediately.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
CoachBrian
(@coachbrian)
Gold
Topic starter  

PM back atchya

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

Sorry dude. I wonder why they won't to win it so bad? Is it some honor thing or what? Makes no sense to me.

ReplyQuote
CoachBrian
(@coachbrian)
Gold
Topic starter  

Sorry dude. I wonder why they won't to win it so bad? Is it some honor thing or what? Makes no sense to me.

Don't know.  I'm not totally sure there wasn't something fishy going on tonight in the voting.  They got about 150 votes today....most before today was about 80 each of the last two days.  I started to notice that every time we got votes this evening they got the same number of votes......then here and there they would get a vote or two and before you know it they were up by about 10-12 votes.  The last couple of hours I was watching it closely.  Some of the kids' moms were sharing the link like crazy on Facebook and I would see when someone would reply that they voted.  So I would go in and sure enough we would have another vote.  If I refreshed the Crown Awards page within the next 30-60 seconds the karate school now had another vote.  So then my wife and I voted at the same time.  We got two more votes.  About 30 seconds later refreshed the page and now the karate school had two more votes.  Had a mom from the team, who was holding their votes until late tonight, have their older daughter vote along with the mom and the dad at nearly the same time.  Our votes went up by 3.  Within one minute the karate school's votes went up by 3.  Then we got to a point that we just didn't have anyone left to vote.  Over the last 30 minutes before the contest just ended our vote total stayed the same at 753.  Guess what?  So did the karate school's vote total.  Something just seems fishy.  It was too much to be a coincidence, IMO.  But I can't prove anything.

Oh well, we gave it everything we had but it just wasn't good enough to win.  We lost.

Thank you to everyone here that voted and shared the link, etc.  You guys are awesome!

ReplyQuote
CoachBrian
(@coachbrian)
Gold
Topic starter  

I was informed yesterday afternoon that they are looking into voting discrepancies and they would like to award my team with a $100 gift card.  I think this is there way of saying that something about the way the voting went down smells rotten, but they can't prove anything.

Thanks to everyone who helped my youth team out during the contest.

ReplyQuote
C-Rob
(@tso1696)
Gold

I was informed yesterday afternoon that they are looking into voting discrepancies and they would like to award my team with a $100 gift card.  I think this is there way of saying that something about the way the voting went down smells rotten, but they can't prove anything.

Thanks to everyone who helped my youth team out during the contest.

Sweet!

On-line Youth Football Coaching Clinicshttp://www.coaches-clinic.com/

ReplyQuote
CoachDavidP
(@fizzlife)
Gold

Sweet!

Congrats. Seems like a place that's worth doing business with.

David (Fizzlife)Extreme Ownership -- Jocko Willink and Leif Babin

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

They made the right decision. Glad you got rewarded for doing the right thing.

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5
Share: