Clear all

Naming a camp

Page 1 / 2

CoachAD
(@coachad)
Silver
Topic starter  

Coaches,

My coaches and I are putting together a speed, strength, and agility camp this pre-season.  If we call it speed, strength, and agility, I'm afraid we will not get the turnout we want.  It will be free - many in the community can't afford anything - and we will give a tee shirt to all who make every session.

I need a name for the clinic.  Our mascot is an Indian.  Any ideas?  Counting on all the clever coaches on here......

patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum

Velocity

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

We couldn't come up with a name so we called our Camp The Camp and it stuck since it is open to all players from anywhere.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
CoachJohn
(@coachj)
Platinum

Acceleration

"One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity." - Albert Schweitzer

ReplyQuote
Coach Kyle
(@coach-kyle)
Platinum

One Camp to Rule Them All!

Deaths while walking 4,743Deaths from football 12

ReplyQuote
Ronin
(@ronin1974)
Gold

What is your Indian mascot's name?  There is a nearby boy scout camp here called Camp Kickapoo.  Silly name.  But come up with an Indian name.  Camp Little Big Horn or Camp Crazy Horse... something like that.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

What is your Indian mascot's name?  There is a nearby boy scout camp here called Camp Kickapoo.  Silly name.  But come up with an Indian name.  Camp Little Big Horn or Camp Crazy Horse... something like that.

Kickapoo? Man... the fun you could have with that Mascot !

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Ronin
(@ronin1974)
Gold

CoachAD, I am running a similar camp this Spring.  I am hesitant to call it Speed/Strength/Agility as well.  I have been calling it Spring Training. 

Would you care to share your camp agenda and drills with me?  I'm always looking for something more to add.  I can send you mine as well.

ReplyQuote
Ronin
(@ronin1974)
Gold

Kickapoo? Man... the fun you could have with that Mascot !

No joke!  Not sure where they got that name, but it sure does give itself a target for making fun of...

ReplyQuote
Coach Kyle
(@coach-kyle)
Platinum

No joke!  Not sure where they got that name, but it sure does give itself a target for making fun of...

It's from a Tenacious D song.

Deaths while walking 4,743Deaths from football 12

ReplyQuote
Ronin
(@ronin1974)
Gold

Sounds like it would be, but the camp has been around longer than Tenacious D.

ReplyQuote
Ronin
(@ronin1974)
Gold

Well... looks like they renamed it from Kickapoo a couple years back:  http://newsok.com/boy-scouts-dedicate-camp-kickapoo-as-john-w.-nichols-scout-ranch/article/3460839

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

Well... looks like they renamed it from Kickapoo a couple years back:  http://newsok.com/boy-scouts-dedicate-camp-kickapoo-as-john-w.-nichols-scout-ranch/article/3460839

When I first glanced at your post I thought Kickapoo was the new name.  I was like, What the hell was the old name?

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
Ronin
(@ronin1974)
Gold

As a kid, I always thought Kickapoo was a funny name.  I guess they are attempting to re-image the place.  About time!

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond

Call it Melissa.

What makes you think a name referring to strength, speed, or agility would turn people off?

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: