Notifications
Clear all

New Guys

gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
Topic starter  

It's that time of the season that newer coaches start posting more. I, personally am very happy about that and encourage you to keep participating. This forum is in need of fresh ideas and perspectives. It can get a little rough at times, but I hope you keep an open mind and a thick skin. Please reach out to your ACs and competitors to join the forum and share ideas.

I invite the more seasoned guys to try and stay constructive if you're going to criticize.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

I invite the more seasoned guys to try and stay constructive if you're going to criticize.

The problem is what some people interpret as criticizing.  And others seem to run away as soon as you ask them a question about what they do.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum

I keep telling our new guys that, if they don’t come here, they are foolish. Haven’t seen them yet.

ReplyQuote
belebuch
(@belebuch)
Diamond

Ive told every AC I worked with for the past 7-8 years to come here, not one ever has. The bummer is everytime I meet a LA coach on here, they are always far away. It would be cool to coach with another Dumcoach  8)

ReplyQuote
bdjackson
(@bdjackson)
Bronze

The problem is what some people interpret as criticizing.  And others seem to run away as soon as you ask them a question about what they do.

--Dave

Having spent 14 years in the military I can say that I have gotten more chuckles out of CoachDP’s criticism than most things on the internet. Straight forward and to the point.

Being Capable, first begins with being Confident.

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
Topic starter  

Having spent 14 years in the military I can say that I have gotten more chuckles out of CoachDP’s criticism than most things on the internet. Straight forward and to the point.

Oh sure. Chuckles galore . . . until you're on the receiving end.  😀

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
Topic starter  

Ive told every AC I worked with for the past 7-8 years to come here, not one ever has. The bummer is everytime I meet a LA coach on here, they are always far away. It would be cool to coach with another Dumcoach  8)

Certainly has upsides, but you do have to edit yourself a little, or at least I do.

ReplyQuote
belebuch
(@belebuch)
Diamond

Certainly has upsides, but you do have to edit yourself a little, or at least I do.

I bet. But it would be good to coach with someone willing to put in the personal time and effort into becoming a better coach. Ive spent hundreds of hours on here and thousands of dollars out of my own pocket to learn all that I can to give my boys the best shot at being successful.

ReplyQuote
SingleWingGoombah
(@singlewinggoombah)
Gold

Being on the receiving end might not be chuckles, but it is educational.  I have been on the receiving end, and it has made me a better coach. 

I always tell new coaches when I am talking to them that I was a shitty coach at first.  The turning point into becoming a much better coach was when I realized I needed to be open to the knowledge and experience of other new coaches.  It has made a world of difference. 

ReplyQuote
bdjackson
(@bdjackson)
Bronze

Yeah, some of the best information I get off of here is just jumping down the rabbit hole and surfing the forum. So many knowledgeable coaches here it’s unbelievable.

Being Capable, first begins with being Confident.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

There are some guys who you should read every single post they make. On the other hand, you shouldn't read any of mine. Including this one.

ReplyQuote
Coach E
(@coache)
Gold

On the other hand, you shouldn't read any of mine. Including this one.

Dang it! Too late! You got me again

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.- Marcus Aurelius

ReplyQuote
bigshel
(@bigshel)
Gold

There are some guys who you should read every single post they make. On the other hand, you shouldn't read any of mine. Including this one.

This is exactly why I don't post very often. Then we'd have all these new coaches making all the screwups I'm making.  ???

ReplyQuote
Share: