Notifications
Clear all

New here

TitanCoach
(@csingleton4)
Copper
Topic starter  

Hello Coaches,

I've been a lurker on this site for quite a while (since last September). I've learned so much over the last 6 months from everyone who contributes here. Like many I found this site by searching the internet for anything relating to youth football. Somehow I landed here and continued to check back day after day. This site has been invaluable so I figured what time better than now to come out of the shadows and officially join the community. I had the opportunity to have lunch with Coach DP and talk football for a few hrs today! I would say that was the most impactful coaching discussion I've had in my life. And the great thing is it not only applies to football, but people development in general! Without this site, I'm almost certain I wouldn't have had that meeting and I probably wouldn't be posting had he not suggested it!

A little about me:
I live in Rolesville, NC (right outside Raleigh). I got into coaching about 2 years ago, when my son started playing flag football. This year will be his first year playing Tiny Mite tackle football and I'll be an assistant coach helping with the backs (not a daddy baller haha). I thought I knew how/what to coach but, had a rude awakening when I started listening to the vets on this site! I've been devouring all of Dave Cisar's material as of late, and mostly anything else I can get my hands on.

Hope this wasn't too long winded, just wanted to say hello, thanks, and share a little bit about myself.

Cody

CoachOCD
(@coachocd)
Platinum

hay welcome aboard coach...most of us caught the coaching bug coaching our sons teams, so despite the harshness dished out to fathers coaching their sons teams, most of us started this way. The term daddy baller has an additional meaning up and beyond simply coaching your sons teams. There's an implied implication of favoritism/unfairness that the "daddy" will show favoritism to his son, to such an extent he harms the teams chemistry. You know the type, "my son should be QB" etc

Does your team or is your team going to run SW?

CoachOCD

ReplyQuote
coacho
(@coacho)
Silver

Welcome coach, if I can help you in any way feel free to contact me.

ReplyQuote
Coach Paul
(@beckwinger)
Bronze

Welcome, you'll learn a ton here. I still lurk a lot and don't post enough.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

I probably wouldn't be posting had he not suggested it!

Cody, I had a good time talking football and life with you today.  Let's do it again when you can.  Now start posting!

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
TitanCoach
(@csingleton4)
Copper
Topic starter  

hay welcome aboard coach...most of us caught the coaching bug coaching our sons teams, so despite the harshness dished out to fathers coaching their sons teams, most of us started this way. The term daddy baller has an additional meaning up and beyond simply coaching your sons teams. There's an implied implication of favoritism/unfairness that the "daddy" will show favoritism to his son, to such an extent he harms the teams chemistry. You know the type, "my son should be QB" etc

--figured I was in good company

Does your team or is your team going to run SW?

--yep, that's the plan to run SW. The team ran it last year and had a really good season only losing 1 game. I found out today that technically it was a variation of Dave's SW since the blocking rules were not adhered to on the Oline. It's a new HC this year and he wants to make sure we stick to GOD. I'm glad about that!

ReplyQuote
TitanCoach
(@csingleton4)
Copper
Topic starter  

Cody, I had a good time talking football and life with you today.  Let's do it again when you can.  Now start posting!

--sure thing Coach!

ReplyQuote
CoachCalande
(@www-coachcalande-com)
Diamond

Hello Coaches,

I've been a lurker on this site for quite a while (since last September). I've learned so much over the last 6 months from everyone who contributes here. Like many I found this site by searching the internet for anything relating to youth football. Somehow I landed here and continued to check back day after day. This site has been invaluable so I figured what time better than now to come out of the shadows and officially join the community. I had the opportunity to have lunch with Coach DP and talk football for a few hrs today! I would say that was the most impactful coaching discussion I've had in my life. And the great thing is it not only applies to football, but people development in general! Without this site, I'm almost certain I wouldn't have had that meeting and I probably wouldn't be posting had he not suggested it!

A little about me:
I live in Rolesville, NC (right outside Raleigh). I got into coaching about 2 years ago, when my son started playing flag football. This year will be his first year playing Tiny Mite tackle football and I'll be an assistant coach helping with the backs (not a daddy baller haha). I thought I knew how/what to coach but, had a rude awakening when I started listening to the vets on this site! I've been devouring all of Dave Cisar's material as of late, and mostly anything else I can get my hands on.

Hope this wasn't too long winded, just wanted to say hello, thanks, and share a little bit about myself.

Cody

Cody welcome to the forum. Lots of good quality people and good solid coaches here. Dave, though I have never met him in person and only know his face by video...., is a quality person and coach so you picked a winner to sit down with.

Have fun.

MOJO    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtcRmKnRcsA

Go to WWW.COACHCALANDE.COM  for Double Wing DVDs, Playbook, Drills Manuals, Practice footage and emagazines. Ask me about our new 38 special dvds!

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Welcome !

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
BobbyG
(@bobbyg)
Copper

I've read much more on this forum than I have posted. I can tell you the regulars here really know what they are talking about and are willing to spend time with almost anyone who is honestly trying to be a better coach. Don't hesitate to ask questions even if you feel like they might be dumb questions. Expect them to tell you if they are dumb or not but they will still answer.  😉

-Bobby

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

I've read much more on this forum than I have posted. I can tell you the regulars here really know what they are talking about and are willing to spend time with almost anyone who is honestly trying to be a better coach. Don't hesitate to ask questions even if you feel like they might be dumb questions. Expect them to tell you if they are dumb or not but they will still answer.  😉

-Bobby

I don't know that there are dumb questions asked here. I think that many need to learn to use the search function and the home page a little better. How many times have we seen the "I have no talent so what should I run thread"?

ReplyQuote
Ronin
(@ronin1974)
Gold

I don't know that there are dumb questions asked here. I think that many need to learn to use the search function and the home page a little better. How many times have we seen the "I have no talent so what should I run thread"?

I have been guilty of asking questions that have been previously answered, and I did not take the time to do a search first.  However, I like it when people ask questions that have already been asked and answered.  For one, a different person might answer this time around and have a different perspective on the situation.  Also, there have a been more than a few questions asked by others that have already been addressed.  But, they were addressed before I became a member and therefore I have not seen them.  When it gets asked again, I get to learn something that I would not have otherwise thought about searching for...

ReplyQuote
J. Potter (seabass)
(@seabass)
Gold

You and I are in the same boat and I feel the same way about the short time I have been on this site. Welcome!

ReplyQuote
CoachOCD
(@coachocd)
Platinum

trying to search can be a pain in neck...you got to use the same words and that means you got to know exactly what your looking for

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

trying to search can be a pain in neck...you got to use the same words and that means you got to know exactly what your looking for

Dont forget to put these words in quotes

" insert search here "

Another trick is to Search with your Browser in a particular Section.

Searching is a pain...but these tricks seem to help.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Share: