NFL Players ratify the next CBA
Looks like the NFL is strike free for the next 10 years. A few interesting highlights although it seems the players should be getting a bigger cut-
- Owners will have the option to expand regular season games from 16 to 17 between 2021-2023.
- Playoff format will include two additional teams; one from each conference. Only one team will get a first round bye beginning this season.
- Active rosters will expand from 46 to 48, with one of those extra players mandated as an offensive lineman.
- Game week roster sizes will increase from 53 to 55.
- Practice squads expand to 12 this year and jumps to 14 in 2022.
- Minimum salary’s for practice squad players will rise from $8,000 per week to $11,500 per week by 2022.
- Player’s will get 47% of all league revenue beginning in 2020. CBA calls for an expansion up to 48.8% if certain conditions are met.
- League minimum salary’s also increases each year under the current CBA reaching $1.065 million in 2030.
- No suspensions for testing positive for marijuana
What is beautiful, lives forever.
And the watering down of the product continues....blech.
"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."
The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."