DP

Respect you immensly

All on HIs timing and plan

Not all places are great fits

Some places require different approaches to be successful
Some places may never be successful- due to admin constraints
Not like you took a 8-9 win team to the bottom- they had never won

You will always win as a youth coach and be a huge impact on those you coach
While we have different views on how to get there, we both share the common goal and heart

BEst of luck in your next coaching gig

You were what coaching 20 kids?
In your Pop Warner Org- what are there 100+ kids

Isnt 100>20?
If so why not impact 100 rather than 20??
If your goal is impacting kids and not for your own glory- why the heck not- you are great at it?

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.Winston Churchill

ReplyQuote
belebuch
(@belebuch)
Diamond
September 11, 2012 11:55 am  

Just goes to show how dangerous ignorance can be. I had a staff turn on me for running the SW even though we missed the playoffs by one game and scored mor than our other tesms in the org. Theyd rather run spread and lose than something else and win.

ReplyQuote
seeindouble
(@seeindouble)
Gold
September 11, 2012 11:55 am  

I agree with Coach Cisar, I think this job was too small for you.

ReplyQuote
Coach Kyle
(@coach-kyle)
Platinum
September 11, 2012 11:58 am  

Yes.  I still have that job.  For now.

--Dave

Well that's good. Good luck where ever you go.

Deaths while walking 4,743Deaths from football 12

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
September 11, 2012 12:01 pm  

Our Director regarded it as a "youth offense."

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Coach Kyle
(@coach-kyle)
Platinum
September 11, 2012 12:06 pm  

Our Director regarded it as a "youth offense."

--Dave

Well he's obviously a football guru. Maybe he should coach the team.

Deaths while walking 4,743Deaths from football 12

ReplyQuote
coachgs
(@coachgs)
Gold
September 11, 2012 12:09 pm  

Sorry to hear this DP, Good Luck.

Unfortunately football suffers from metooitis. All you hear is you cant do this,  you cant do that or you have to do this because that is what everyone else does.

"Character is formed, not by laws, commands, and decrees, but by quiet influence, unconscious suggestion and personal guidance." - Marion Burton -

ReplyQuote
seeindouble
(@seeindouble)
Gold
September 11, 2012 12:11 pm  

Theyd rather run spread and lose than something else and win.

I disagree.
It's NOT running the spread that loses, it's NOT KNOWING HOW to run the spread that loses.
With DP's mentality, I think He can make any offense work, because He has His finger on the pulse of what FOOTBALL is REALLY! about.

ReplyQuote
Loftdawg
(@loftdawg)
Copper
September 11, 2012 12:19 pm  

Sorry to hear that Coach. You are one of the good guys in the coaching community. Keep at it.

ReplyQuote
robwhitlow
(@robwhitlow)
Bronze
September 11, 2012 12:42 pm  

Damn DP, sorry to hear that. Guess it's time to find a new place to start growing the "mojo".

Want to move to Texas?! 😉

If you were supposed to watch your mouth all the time I doubt your eyes would be above it. - Mike Cooley / DBT

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
September 11, 2012 12:47 pm  

Want to move to Texas?! 😉

Ah, the football mecca!  I would love to.  But at this point, I'm just going to see where things take me.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDavidP
(@fizzlife)
Gold
September 11, 2012 12:48 pm  

Wow coach. Nothing else to be said really. Good Luck deciding on your next step in life. Still a bit speechless.

David (Fizzlife)Extreme Ownership -- Jocko Willink and Leif Babin

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
September 11, 2012 12:53 pm  

Got a phone call this afternoon from a parent of one of my players asking if it was true.  I told her it was.  She was upset.  I thanked her for her concern.  Always nice to know that you were appreciated; especially when you're on your way out.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
September 11, 2012 12:58 pm  

Received this email today from a school employee:

I don't know what to say. Everything happens for a reason... I don't know what that is, but I do know one thing and that is you were a major part of kids lives here. You made changes for the better for a lot of kids. You have always had the best interests of the kids set way before your own. You stayed late, didn't eat, made yourself sick to be the person you have been for these kids and the school. You have put your very own blood, sweat and tears into this program and I feel so bad that more people did not see all the amazing things you did for this school! You sacraficed your own pay, to get things for the kids. You hire coaches to give them a chance, and they did thier own things. But YOU were the one giving them a chance.  You are an amazing man, and I know this is a horrible time for you right now, but keep believing in yourself. Keep believing that there is somthing big about to happen in your life. This has just made it that much easier to see what that may be.

It's kind of like reading the obituary at your own funeral.  Anyhoos, as I said earlier it's nice to know that some people understand what you are trying to do.  As I told my players today, I feel like I have failed them.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
September 11, 2012 1:08 pm  

Dave, I'm just now reading this.  I don't know what to say, other than I feel terrible for you.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 8
Share: