Notifications
Clear all

Philly

Page 1 / 11

Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

It looks like I'm going to be in Philly for a week in a few weeks.

If anyone out there wants to get together, talk football, go to IHOP, kick my ass, etc., let me know.

Actually, unlike Chicago, Philly is a food town.  I can survive there without IHOP.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond

Chicago is not a food town?  ???

I'd kill for a Portillos Italian Beef or Combo.
or a Super Dawg.  or a Polish Sausage from the Deli in Wooddale.  What about a good Gyro? 

You can keep the traffic though......LOL  😀

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond

Matt & I went to this Italian Deli on 13th. We had Porchetta sandwiches, rice balls, & pickled fennel. It was incredible.

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond

There was an Italian Deli a few blocks from our house in EGV (Suburban Chi).  Her Portabella Sub was killer but, then again, any Sammich she made was delicious.  Fresh cheeses, Olive Oil that was better than butter.  🙂

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond

Dusty

It was 2 years ago & we still talk about the Porchetta. The only one better was in Florence.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
CoachOCD
(@coachocd)
Platinum

even for a bunch of libs chi town has some good eats........as far as I can tell from watchin those diners drive ins and dives dude.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

I thought Michael only eats at IHOP.

The one by my house is grubbin'.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

I refuse to take any comment seriously about food from a guy who list IHOP as the best restaurant out there. I think Chicago is a great food and beer town. Philly is a great town for............................ Crap, I'll get back to ya on that one.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

I refuse to take any comment seriously about food from a guy who list IHOP as the best restaurant out there. I think Chicago is a great food and beer town. Philly is a great town for............................ Crap, I'll get back to ya on that one.

If you're the type who just orders off the menu and lives with it, you're going to have problems.  If you break them in properly, it's a whole different deal.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond

Chicago is not a food town?  ???

I'd kill for a Portillos Italian Beef or Combo.

I never figured out the attraction of Chicagoland's "Italian" beef.  It's just boiled beef on a bun.  It relies entirely on additives for its flavor, and there's nothing Italian about it.

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond

That one's easy: cheese steaks.  A young clerk at the grocery by me in the Bronx said that recently she & a friend made a trip there just for a cheese steak sandwich at a particular place known for them.  OK, they're good, but that good?

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Nobody beats an IHOP Cheese Blintz....even the fancy restaurants cant compare.  Dont know what it is either. I never order anything but that.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Philly has cheesesteaks, scrapple, and Tastykake.

That's a monster three-deep.

And their pizza is a hell of a lot closer to New York-style than to Chicago-style.  Chicago-style pizza is freakin' horrible.  Chicago pizza isn't even pie cut.

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond

Philly has cheesesteaks, scrapple, and Tastykake.

That's a monster three-deep.

And their pizza is a hell of a lot closer to New York-style than to Chicago-style.  Chicago-style pizza is freakin' horrible.  Chicago pizza isn't even pie cut.

Philly is closer to NY than CHI,  Malnotti's Deep Dish is fantastic and I am not a Deep Dish guy.  Not a purist either.  Wedge Shaped or cut in squares does not break a Pizza.  After having several "Pizza's" in Southern California, I am convinced they cant make them.  I'll take a NY or Chi any minute of the day over the tortilla's with "Stuff" on it, I experienced there! 

After everything I have heard about Scrapple, I would love to try it! 

Be that as it may, ENJOY the trip!  Remember they throw Snow Balls at Santa Clause and Boo'ed Mike Schmidt!  ;D

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Philly is closer to NY than CHI,  Malnotti's Deep Dish is fantastic and I am not a Deep Dish guy.  Not a purist either.  Wedge Shaped or cut in squares does not break a Pizza.  After having several "Pizza's" in Southern California, I am convinced they cant make them.  I'll take a NY or Chi any minute of the day over the tortilla's with "Stuff" on it, I experienced there! 

After everything I have heard about Scrapple, I would love to try it! 

Be that as it may, ENJOY the trip!  Remember they throw Snow Balls at Santa Clause and Boo'ed Mike Schmidt!  ;D

And stole the baton out of Riccardo Muti's hand while he was conducting the 7th-inning stretch at the 1993 World Series.

I lived in Philly for years.  I'm not part of the solution.  I'm part of the problem.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 11
Share: